Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
Fourvin
Enthusiast
Fourvin began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Odyssey 2011, PocketBook Touch Lux
No Search function?

Hello,

I am a newcomer in the Reader world, with an Odyssey. I am extremely surprised apparently not being able to find a search function to look for a word in the text.
Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

V.
Fourvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:59 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
There's no search function in the Gen3, Opus, or Orizon, so I'm not surprised there is non in the Odyssey either.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
No, unfortunately there is no search function, neither within a book nor in the whole collection of books. Bookeen said they will consider adding it, but that's not their priority.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #4
Lupin
Enthusiast
Lupin began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Muse HD, ReMarkable
Too bad. Ordinary novels etc. are just fine without search function (at least for me), but technical texts and study books are quite another matter. There the search would be of great help. Imagine looking something up from e.g. API reference.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:41 PM   #5
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Agreed. I hope they change their mind.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert