Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #91
Pink Floyd
Pink Floyd began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas
Dear yiming,
Thanks a zillion, you helped me a lot. For those who want to download that file, that is MobiReader-impl.jar , take a look at the link below:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=402
Pink Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #92
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Floyd View Post
Dear yiming,
Thanks a zillion, you helped me a lot. For those who want to download that file, that is MobiReader-impl.jar , take a look at the link below:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=402
Just to complete the information: where should it be placed?
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2012, 05:02 PM   #93
jeanne_cz
jeanne_cz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirl8 View Post
Just to complete the information: where should it be placed?
/opt/amazon/ebook/lib
jeanne_cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #94
Pink Floyd
Pink Floyd began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas
Gosh,
I thought that I jailbroke my KT, but I realized that I didn't. I did it and I saw a new book titled "You are jailbroken." on the device. but the problem is that I cannot see the path "/opt/amazon/ebook/lib" when logging the device into PC. I'm using Windows7. what shall I do?
Thanks in advance.
Pink Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #95
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Install usbnetwork, and log in to the device via ssh / copy the files there via scp.

See https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...USB_Networking

In case you don't understand what this is all about, I strongly recommend not to do it. Rather, learn about Unix/Linux and its command-line tools first, then come back.

Don't blindly tamper around or try out things, because there is no safety net, and you'd almost certainly screw up somewhere -- up to the point of potentially bricking your device.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2012, 08:52 PM   #96
yiming
Zealot
yiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch, PW2, PW5
seaniko7 has kindly incorporated the MobiReader-impl.jar file in his updated installer. an uninstaller is also included. this is the easiest way to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaniko7 View Post
Automatic rotate hack installer with MobiReader-impl.jar from 5.0.1 :
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16679763/KTRotate_0.2.zip
yiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:36 PM   #97
dchae85
dchae85 began at the beginning.

Thanks for that! I was worried I was going to have to try to actually hack it. It works great!
dchae85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:23 AM   #98
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
@yifanlu: what is to be done to localise your gui launcher. Have my KT germanized and would like to modify the launcher as well.

THX

diba
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:02 PM   #99
JustAMan
Groupie
JustAMan doesn't litterJustAMan doesn't litter

Hmm... Just edit the menu.json stuff of the extensions you installed... Or is having the label "Launcher" in English the one issue you have? Then you can recompile it and install .jar to /opt/amazon/ebook/lib.

However I support this idea - I was thinking the same
JustAMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #100
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
I made it easy to localize, but I haven't implemented localization features, if that makes sense. I stored all the strings (so far, just the word "Launcher") in a separate class like how the Kindle 3 worked. You just need to modify the class and recompile the launcher. You also need the patched home menu class from my KindleLauncher.jar file
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #101
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

if localisation, then the whole stuff. I am not so familiar yet with json and these things, have to look into. But it is only some words, so is there anybody who could support in localisation. Would provide the correct "wording".
Would be for the actual launcher with usbnetwork and screen orientation in german.

@JustAMan I know what you think, probably we can convince ixtab to include in the localisation ;-)
Old 02-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #102
JustAMan
Groupie

diba,
The way Launcher is built its impossible to localize anything except the word "Launcher" for sure. That's because Launcher itself doesn't contain any other strings...

We could only create locale-aware extensions, which could be quite easy (especially if yifanlu would got my suggestion implemented in his Launcher... btw, yifanlu, I'm quite happy with this json-stdout stuff, and making it locale-aware is just a piece of cake, which cannot be said for simple json extensions... why don't you integrate it, man? )
Old 02-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #103
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
I have lots of plans, but the Launcher is not high in my priorities right now. When I have the time, I promise launcher 2.0 will contain localizations & stuff.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:00 PM   #104
diba
Addict

is it really so diffcult to change "landscape" and portrait to Hochformat and Querformat? How easy it was to do such things on K3 with Sir Alex tools ....
Old 02-04-2012, 06:03 AM   #105
JustAMan
Groupie

It isn't hard at all.
Open extensions/orientation/menu.json and edit those strings I mean the ones that are immediately after "name" stuff. They are what's being displayed.

Tags
kindle touch hacks