Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-22-2011, 09:25 PM   #1
mitch13
Groupie
mitch13 began at the beginning.

Device: Appraising the market
Narrative with each book

I have suddenly 'lost' the view of narrative/description for my books in Calibre. Obviously a setting somewhere that I have disturbed! I have searched but cannot find how I reinstate this.
At the same time can someone advise (for when I do find how to recover the book description) how it is decided where it is placed on the screen. On my PC it was being shown on the right-hand side but on my laptop it was at the bottom. Be nice to have them the same.

On another subject, is there anyway when importing books that I can set it so that 'author' is FN/LN and 'author sort' is LN/FN automatically?

mitch13
mitch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:07 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch13 View Post
I have suddenly 'lost' the view of narrative/description for my books in Calibre. Obviously a setting somewhere that I have disturbed! I have searched but cannot find how I reinstate this.
At the same time can someone advise (for when I do find how to recover the book description) how it is decided where it is placed on the screen. On my PC it was being shown on the right-hand side but on my laptop it was at the bottom. Be nice to have them the same.

On another subject, is there anyway when importing books that I can set it so that 'author' is FN/LN and 'author sort' is LN/FN automatically?

mitch13
Click the Book icon at the bottom right of the window
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 10:46 PM   #3
mitch13
Groupie

Thanks for that. I had tried that but it was while Calibre was showing the 'fancy' Book picture at top and all it would then do is show multiple copies of the book picture!! I must have rebooted since because your suggestion worked straight away! Many thanks. Any idea how to change the narration position?

mitch13
Old 11-22-2011, 11:33 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch13 View Post
Thanks for that. I had tried that but it was while Calibre was showing the 'fancy' Book picture at top and all it would then do is show multiple copies of the book picture!! I must have rebooted since because your suggestion worked straight away! Many thanks. Any idea how to change the narration position?

mitch13
There is a preference: Look and Feel: Main interface: Wide/Narrow
Narrow puts it at the bottom of the Library list
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:00 AM   #5
mitch13
Groupie

Many thanks again to Theducks
Advert