Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 04-12-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
Pandigital 7" Reader - Covers vs. Book Listing

Hi,

I bought the Pandigital 4 GB 7 inch reader at Christmas time from QVC. I like it except the library view shows the book covers instead of a listing of the books. I can't make out the name of some books. Has anyone found a way to make the library display a list instead of the covers?

Thanks.
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:36 PM   #2
Caesius
Melancholy Clown
Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Nook Tablet (had Cruz SE & PDN's before)
I am no expert or super user. And there may be some far more eloquent solutions, but off the top off my head...
You can try making your own covers. I make all my custom covers in Paint. As long as it is less then 10KB in size (and the dimensions I use are 103x153 pixels -- or reduced from that by % if the file size is too big).

Or, you can remove the covers listed in the .thumbnails folder inside the eBooks folder. Then they will all be blue book covers with the file names, or as much of the file name as can be displayed (not the best way to go, unless you are willing to rename the epub files so that you can read them).

If you make your own covers, the new covers MUST have the EXACT same file name as the epub file listed in the EBooks folder. And from what I've seen, the title and author information that the PDN sorts on is not the file name data, but rather found within the epub file somewhere.

I enjoyed making covers...but it is a lot of work. I'd love to know if there's a better solution for you.
Caesius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert