Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-13-2011, 12:38 AM   #46
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cren...r3/cr3-3.0.40/

you can find the latest apk here sometimes even before it gets to the market
in the market currently it 3.0.40-6 where as you can get 3.0.40-8
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:05 AM   #47
macr0t0r
Connoisseur
macr0t0r doesn't littermacr0t0r doesn't litter

Device: Palm Treo 680, Sony Reader
What are the changes in 3.0.40-8?
Does it now support page-breaks?
Do the footnote links follow anchors?
This reader is getting really close to being quite usable. It just needs these formatting and navigation issues solved.

- Jim
macr0t0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2011, 03:58 AM   #48
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macr0t0r View Post
What are the changes in 3.0.40-8?
Does it now support page-breaks?
Do the footnote links follow anchors?
This reader is getting really close to being quite usable. It just needs these formatting and navigation issues solved.

- Jim
You can follow the opensource commit log here

http://crengine.git.sourceforge.net/...ine;a=shortlog
Old 01-13-2011, 07:06 AM   #49
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Plus with dropbox something like whisper sync could be possible for android devices meaning you could use different devices to read the same ebook without loosing your place.
That would be uber-cool. Would Amazon sue?
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:13 PM   #50
Neurozool
Neurozool began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 5
My biggest issue now is that if I write down a page number where an error is, then close the reader and reopen it, it must format it different then the previous time, as that page number will now show a few pages behind or in front of where I was. I just spotted this, and have several hundred pages of errors written down, where there are now no errors. I will have to go though the original manuscript page by page to locate where they are. Is there a reason that page 15 is sometimes page 13 or page 20??

And ya, I was at the wrong place when I downloaded before! Thanks for posting that link!
Neurozool is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2011, 08:28 PM   #51
macr0t0r
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
You can follow the opensource commit log here

http://crengine.git.sourceforge.net/...ine;a=shortlog
Thanks. I'll keep an eye on it. Do you need any sample ePub formatting for page-breaks?

- Jim
Old 01-13-2011, 10:58 PM   #52
Dopedangel
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by macr0t0r View Post
Thanks. I'll keep an eye on it. Do you need any sample ePub formatting for page-breaks?

- Jim
Sorry to give you the wrong impression I am not the programmer
But you can give a sample anyway Buggins does check here so wouldn't hurt

You can also try this epub.css it is the latest updates from the git has not been pushed to app yet.
Save it as epub.css in .cr3 or .cr3engine folder in your sdcard
you can edit it to suit your needs you might have to make the folder if it does not exsist.

Code:
body { text-align: left; text-indent: 0px }
p { text-align: justify; text-indent: 1.3em; margin-top:0em; margin-bottom: 0em }
*.justindent { text-align: justify; text-indent: 1.3em; margin-top:0em; margin-bottom: 0em }

DocFragment { page-break-before: always }

empty-line { height: 1em }

hr { height: 1px; background-color: #808080; margin-top: 0.5em; margin-bottom: 0.5em }

sub { vertical-align: sub; font-size: 70% }
sup { vertical-align: super; font-size: 70% }
strong, b { font-weight: bold }
emphasis, i { font-style: italic }

a { text-decoration: underline }
a[type="note"] { vertical-align: super; font-size: 70%; text-decoration: none }

image { text-align: center; text-indent: 0px }
p image { display: inline }

title p, subtitle p, h1 p, h2 p, h3 p, h4 p, h5 p, h6 p { text-align: center; text-indent: 0px }
cite p, epigraph p { text-align: left; text-indent: 0px }
v { text-align: left; text-indent: 0px }

stanza + stanza { margin-top: 1em; }
stanza { margin-left: 30%; text-align: left; font-style: italic  }
poem { margin-top: 1em; margin-bottom: 1em; text-indent: 0px }
text-author { font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; margin-left: 5%}
epigraph { margin-left: 25%; margin-right: 1em; text-align: left; text-indent: 1px; font-style: italic; margin-top: 15px; margin-bottom: 25px }
cite { font-style: italic; margin-left: 5%; margin-right: 5%; text-align: justyfy; margin-top: 20px; margin-bottom: 20px }

title, h1, h2 { text-align: center; text-indent: 0px; font-weight: bold; hyphenate: none; page-break-before: always; page-break-inside: avoid; page-break-after: avoid; }
subtitle, h3, h4, h5, h6 { text-align: center; text-indent: 0px; font-weight: bold; hyphenate: none; page-break-inside: avoid; page-break-after: avoid; }
title { font-size: 110%; margin-top: 0.7em; margin-bottom: 0.5em }
subtitle { font-style: italic; margin-top: 0.3em; margin-bottom: 0.3em }
h1 { font-size: 150% }
h2 { font-size: 140% }
h3 { font-size: 130% }
h4 { font-size: 120% }
h5 { font-size: 110% }

table { font-size: 80% }
td, th { text-indent: 0px; padding: 3px }
th {  font-weight: bold; background-color: #DDD  }
table > caption { text-indent: 0px; padding: 4px; background-color: #EEE }

code, pre { display: block; white-space: pre; text-align: left; font-family: "Courier New", "Courier", monospace; text-align: left }

body[name="notes"] { font-size: 70%; }
body[name="notes"] section title { display: run-in; text-align: left; font-size: 110%; font-weight: bold; page-break-before: auto; page-break-inside: auto; page-break-after: auto; }
body[name="notes"] section title p { display: inline }

description { display: block; }
title-info { display: block; }
annotation { margin-left: 5%; margin-right: 5%; font-size: 80%; font-style: italic; text-align: justify; text-indent: 1.2em }
date { display: block; font-size: 80%; font-style: italic; text-align: center }
genre { display: none; }
author { display: none; }
book-title { display: none; }
keywords { display: none; }
lang { display: none; }
src-lang { display: none; }
translator { display: none; }
document-info { display: none; }
publish-info { display: none; }
custom-info { display: none; }
coverpage { display: none }

head, form, script { display: none; } 

body { margin: 0; text-align: justify; } 

hr { 
   height: 2px; 
   background-color: #808080; 
   margin-top: 0.5em; 
   margin-bottom: 0.5em; 
   } 

b,strong,i,em,dfn,var,q,u,del,s,strike,small,big,sub,sup,acronym,tt,sa mp,kbd,code { 
   display: inline; 
   } 

b,strong { font-weight: bold; } 
i,em,dfn,var { font-style: italic; } 

u { text-decoration: underline; } 
del,s,strike { text-decoration: line-through; } 
small { font-size: 80%; } 
big { font-size: 130%; } 
sub { vertical-align: sub; font-size: 70% } 
sup { vertical-align: super; font-size: 70% } 
tt, samp, kbd, code, pre { font-family: "Courier New", "Courier", monospace; } 
pre { display: block; 
   white-space: pre; 
   text-align: left; 
  /* background-color: #BFBFBF; */ 
   } 

nobr { display: inline; hyphenate: none; white-space: nowrap; } 

h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6 { 
   display: block; 
   margin-bottom: 0.3em; 
   font-weight: bold; 
   text-align: left; 
   } 
h1 { font-size: 150%; 
/*     color: #FFFFFF; background-color: #000000; */ 
     padding: 10px ; 
   } 
h2 { font-size: 135%; 
/*     color: #FFFFFF; background-color: #808080;   */ 
     padding: 10px ; 
   } 
h3 { font-size: 125% } 
h4 { font-size: 125%; font-style: italic; } 
h5 { font-size: 115%; font-style: italic; } 
h6 { font-size: 105%; font-style: italic; } 

ul, ol, dl { 
   display: block; 
   margin-left: 1em; 
   margin-top:0.3em; 
/*   background-color: #808080; */ 
   } 

li { 
   display: list-item; 
   margin-top: 0.3em; 
   } 

dl { margin-left: 0em; } 
dt { display: block; margin-left: 0em; margin-top:0.3em; font-weight: bold; } 
dd { display: block; margin-left: 1.3em; } 

a { display:inline; text-decoration: underline;  } 

span { display: inline; } 

cite { display: inline; font-style: italic;} 
div { display: block; } 
blockquote { display: block; 
   margin-left: 1.5em; 
   margin-right: 1.5em; 
   } 

img { 
   margin: 0.5em; 
   text-align: center; 
   text-indent: 0em; 
   border-style: solid; 
   border-width: medium; 
   } 

table { font-size: 100% } 
td, th { text-indent: 0px; padding: 3px } 
th { font-weight: bold; text-align: center; background-color: #808080; } 
table caption { text-indent: 0px; padding: 4px; }
Old 01-14-2011, 01:03 AM   #53
macr0t0r
Connoisseur

Thanks for the info, but I don't think I want to go too bleeding-edge here. I'll stick with FBReader for now as I monitor this thread and that GIT report. If I see a note of link anchors being implemented, I'll give it another go. I'll then try out the CSS stylesheet if I still have pagebreak issues. Thanks!

- Jim
Old 01-15-2011, 03:21 PM   #54
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Hi all

I have a Cruz Tablet T301 running Android 2.0. I downloaded cr3-0-40-08.apk to my PC and transfered it to my Cruz but half way thru the install I was notified that the install was unsuccessful. Anybody have any idea why?

Thank - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:29 PM   #55
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
New version, 3.0.41-2 is uploaded to SourceForge

A lot of changes in CHM, EPUB support.

Will be published on Market after some testing, if no issues found.
Buggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:32 PM   #56
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggins View Post
New version, 3.0.41-2 is uploaded to SourceForge
I posed th following earlier:

I have a Cruz Tablet T301 running Android 2.0. I downloaded cr3-0-40-08.apk to my PC and transfered it to my Cruz but half way through the install I was notified that the install was unsuccessful. Anybody have any idea why?

I downloaded version 3.0.41-2 with the same results.

I have found since, that the problem could be the software trying to access non-existent hardware (3G, GPS, camera etc). Does CoolReader fall into that category? How you can tell software won't run before you run it, is still a mystery.

Thanks - John

Last edited by Jabby; 01-15-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:48 PM   #57
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
I loaded the latest version on my pandigital novel. It seems to work well other than a couple of annoyances.
First, it always opens the last book accessed. I have tried to find a setting to stop this action but can't locate one. Would rather have it go to a default folder.
Second, when hitting the back button, the app seems to loop through the last three steps over and over instead of backing up or out of the program.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:54 AM   #58
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
I posed th following earlier:

I have a Cruz Tablet T301 running Android 2.0. I downloaded cr3-0-40-08.apk to my PC and transfered it to my Cruz but half way through the install I was notified that the install was unsuccessful. Anybody have any idea why?

I downloaded version 3.0.41-2 with the same results.

I have found since, that the problem could be the software trying to access non-existent hardware (3G, GPS, camera etc). Does CoolReader fall into that category? How you can tell software won't run before you run it, is still a mystery.

Thanks - John
Could you provide logs of unsuccessful install?
Logs can be saved using "Android System Info" utility (available on market).

CoolReader requires additional permissions specified in package manifest.
WAKE_LOCK - to extend backlight timeout
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - to access SD card

Last edited by Buggins; 01-16-2011 at 01:40 AM.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:56 AM   #59
Buggins
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven522 View Post
I loaded the latest version on my pandigital novel. It seems to work well other than a couple of annoyances.
First, it always opens the last book accessed. I have tried to find a setting to stop this action but can't locate one. Would rather have it go to a default folder.
Second, when hitting the back button, the app seems to loop through the last three steps over and over instead of backing up or out of the program.
I can add startup action setting:
- open last book
- open recent books list
- open last folder
- open root folder

Would it be enough?
Old 01-16-2011, 12:57 AM   #60
Buggins
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven522 View Post
Key actions are configurable insettings dialog. Just choose Exit action for Back key.

Tags
cool reader, fb2 epub rtf chm fbreader