Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-19-2010, 08:04 PM   #1
CyberpunkDad
Neuromancer Fanboi
CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3 / 3G
New Kindle 3 Serial Question

Was looking to do the 3.0.3 firmware, noticed that my Kindle 3 Wifi/3G starts with 5299 and not the B006 that the Amazon page says it should? Should I not use the B006 version?
CyberpunkDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:06 PM   #2
CyberpunkDad
Neuromancer Fanboi
CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

BTW, I love the Kindle 3!
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 08:12 PM   #3
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
I think you are looking at the wrong number. That 5299 number in the parenthesis after the Firmware version is something else (I have no idea what it is though)

Hit menu, then settings and under Device info should be your serial number
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:21 PM   #4
CyberpunkDad
Neuromancer Fanboi

Wow, that was a noob moment if I ever saw one. LOL. Thanks Jeremy!