Notices

Old 07-20-2010, 01:06 AM   #1
steve_vmwx
steve_vmwx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Smile Borders Australia - Kobo Delivered

G'day all

A bit of news for anyone interested.

I ordered by black Kobo online from Borders' web site 11 July, it arrived today.

Unpacked and powered the beastie up. Connect to a Doze (W7) PC and it immediately took me through an 8 step, graphically rich, firmware 1.4 update process. There was even a little tour of what I could expect from the update before I started the process. Noice.

Given the pain previous shared on this forum I was a bit nervous (despite 20+ years in ICT) but it was all silky smooth. Robooted and hey, presto. All good

The Borders desktop app refused to run post-upgrade but I just removed the app via ControlPanel and resintalled. So far so good.

I'm now contemplating pushing my luck and ordering an eBook from Borders and see what happens...

Cheers
Stevo
steve_vmwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:09 AM   #2
roguefan99
Zealot
roguefan99 began at the beginning.

Device: Smart Q7, and Kobo
Steve if you wish to get an ebook from borders to test, do a search for a public domain book and then sort by price. You should be able to find a free book you dont have and upload it that way (say Through the Looking Glass, to go with Alice in Wonderland).

Glad to hear it arrived, hmm 9 days, thats not bad for borders

Dont forget to get Calibre for those online news resources (such as Time, the Age etc)
roguefan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2010, 04:56 AM   #3
jackau
Connoisseur
jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cool-er / Mac Mini / Satio / Notebook
got mine today
not bad... Same size as my Cool-ER, only heavier...

Any one find out how to read horizontal???

The Cooler can do that... with the display button...
jackau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:23 AM   #4
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
If you are reading a PDF which is stored in Documents rather than Books you have the choice of reading in Portrait or Landscape.
No idea if it is possible when reading epubs.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote