Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-20-2009, 11:30 PM   #31
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by benham View Post
Steps 1 and 2 are G2G. I have deleted several books from my Sony and the software is version 2.5. I have tried importing files but the folders that the files are in do not show up, not even on the C drive on the software. I'll play around with it tomorrow and see if I can find out what I am doing wrong. Can you download from Adobe digital to the ereader or do you have to somehow transfer to the Sony Library?

Thanks!
Once you've imported them, they should be under "Library" in the Sony software. To make it easier to find, click on the date column header to sort by date, and it should be the first (or last) book shown in the library.

My version of the bible is simply called "Holy Bible" for the title, and "King James Version" as the "Author".

If you are having trouble actually importing the file, you can also drag 'n drop the file from windows explorer/my computer to the "Library" entry at the top on the left.

Last edited by sherman; 07-20-2009 at 11:32 PM.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:49 AM   #32
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Also--It might be easier to not use either the Sony software of Adobe Digital Editions at all. (You just need ADE if the books have DRM). You can just download the file to a specific folder on your computer, and then use Windows Explorer to drag the file to your reader. (Windows should automatically assign a drive letter to your reader when you connect it.)

Hope you can get it working Jeff!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2009, 11:00 AM   #33
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Thanks - I'll try it this evening. I left my 505 at home today. What was I thinking?!?!?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:46 AM   #34
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
Hoo Raay! Thank you Sherman and Dordale! I created an Ebooks folder on the C drive and saved your Bible there. Then just drag/dropped to the Sony Library! Also learned that epub is compatible with the ereader! Also thanks for all your hard work Sherman! That is a better version then the one I bought from Sony estore!

Last edited by benham; 07-21-2009 at 11:54 AM.
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:45 PM   #35
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Yay!! Glad you got it to work!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2009, 05:18 PM   #36
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well Done!

I hope you enjoy your new bible and find it as useful as I do.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:51 PM   #37
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well we'll know first thing in the morning!
Old 07-23-2009, 10:50 AM   #38
benham
Guru

What a well formatted Bible that is!
Old 07-23-2009, 09:50 PM   #39
sherman
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by benham View Post
What a well formatted Bible that is!
Thank you very much.

Please, if you have any suggestions, don't be afraid to make them.

Also, I should say thanks for the Karma, although to be honest, I actually pay very little attention to it and so don't acknowledge it as often as I should (shame on me!).
Old 07-24-2009, 12:20 AM   #40
p3aul
Captain Courageous
p3aul doesn't litterp3aul doesn't litter

Device: calibre, PRS 505
If this threads not too old maybe someone could point me to some Jewish works like the Talmud and/or the Zohar. I'm not Jewish, but I find them interesting reading.
Thanks,
Paul
p3aul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:38 AM   #41
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The Old Testament is pretty "Jewish", isn't it?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:53 AM   #42
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
There are more religious texts than Old Testament
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:49 AM   #43
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3aul View Post
If this threads not too old maybe someone could point me to some Jewish works like the Talmud and/or the Zohar. I'm not Jewish, but I find them interesting reading.
Thanks,
Paul
Hello, P3aul. The Sacred Texts site has a section devoted to Jewish texts here:
http://www.sacred-texts.com/jud/

It includes several Talmuds, a Zohar, plus a number of other works in translation.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:38 PM   #44
benham
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
Thank you very much.

Please, if you have any suggestions, don't be afraid to make them.

Also, I should say thanks for the Karma, although to be honest, I actually pay very little attention to it and so don't acknowledge it as often as I should (shame on me!).
sherman the Bible I bought from Sony only lists the Books. Your lists Books and chapter. Huge improvement. Plus yours has definite breaks for verses and chapters which the other one doesn't have. Makes it a pleasure to read! The next progression would be also listing verses which would stretch the limits of the machine if nothing else.

You are welcome for the Karma. I am not a big fan of the word but what the heck? It shows appreciation.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:07 PM   #45
sherman
Guru

I briefly considered creating a version with a TOC to the verse level, just for kicks (It wouldn't be hard to create), but decided I would be tempting fate a bit too much...

I shudder to think how long the Calibre conversion would take