Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-22-2011, 04:00 AM   #1
Norik
Norik began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 350 (and a 700 in a drawer)
K4PC through a firewall

What I would like to do is get K4PC working on my little netbook when i'm at my work, so i can order a book from amazon and then read it with out waiting weeks to get home. However I work offshore, and so have no option but to connect through the company wifi (very kindly provided to offshift folks), and K4PC just won't update through it.

I can surf etc, as long as its sfw otherwise its blocked which isn't a great problem, and i doubt if I would get away with playing EQ over it (it wouldn't work anyway).

What I would like to do is get K4PC working on my little netbook, so i can order a book from amazon and then read it with out waiting weeks to get home.

Is there some way of tweaking the settings on K4PC so i can control what port it uses? which presume is the issue.

I have a sony reader so i can't just go to amazons website and use the "Download to Computer" button.

Cheers D.
Norik is offline   Reply With Quote