Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-20-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
OldNESJunkie
OldNESJunkie began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Calibre webserver issue with text formatting

Noticed when browsing my books via the web interace that any books with an apostrophe in theor title show up incorrectly:

Example:

Alex Cross 15 - Alex Cross's Trial

Forgot to mention, all files are in epub format. I think I already updated to 0.7.34, but I;ll doublecheck. I know I usually do a "dirty" install of Calibre right over top of the version I already have installed, I'll try to uninstall & reinstall & see if that helps as well.

Last edited by OldNESJunkie; 12-20-2010 at 04:00 PM.
OldNESJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:48 AM   #2
Marok
Marok is a glorious beacon of lightMarok is a glorious beacon of lightMarok is a glorious beacon of lightMarok is a glorious beacon of lightMarok is a glorious beacon of lightMarok is a glorious beacon of lightMarok is a glorious beacon of lightMarok is a glorious beacon of lightMarok is a glorious beacon of lightMarok is a glorious beacon of lightMarok is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kindle G3
I had a similar problem when converting .txt files to Mobi.
The fix for me, was to open the .txt file in Wordpad, and immediately save it with a .rtf file extension (instead of .txt).
Then convert the rtf file to Mobi.
I don't know whether that helps with your problem though.
Marok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
works for me, make sure you are using the latest calibre release, 0.7.34
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:56 PM   #4
OldNESJunkie
OldNESJunkie began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Well, I was using 0.7.34, but after uninstall & reinstall of Calibre, all is working well now. Guess I'll uninstall & reinstall every time....
OldNESJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote