Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 12:41 PM   #46
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
"G-1" by Kyle Thomas Bruhnke

Free on Amazon....

Tyler and Jared had planned to enjoy their evening watching the unmanned space plane land at the experimental launch facility. Sitting up on The Hill would provide the best view of the airfield. It was after the landing, when they noticed the corporate security guards that their plan changed, not just for the evening but the rest of the summer.

Sneaking in for a closer look, they observe a heavily reinforced box nearly float away from its handlers. Overhearing how a small portion of a mysterious substance that defies gravity has escaped the box, Jared resolves to take a closer look and challenges Tyler to come along. The following night they steal into the hangar where the space plane is being kept and manage to retrieve a small sample.

Though they resolve to keep the discovery between themselves, it isn’t too long before their brainy schoolmate Jennifer, realizes the boys have a secret and pesters Tyler until he breaks his silence. And when the government’s corporate liaison begins to suspect the two boys know more than they’re telling, he sends a man to snoop around Tyler’s loft. Tyler’s grandfather, who has secrets of his own, steps in to save the fledgling project by helping keep the snoops in the dark.

Sensing the discovery will be kept secret by the corporate interests, Gramps gently convinces the teenagers that their responsibility is to share what they’ve learned with the larger world. Of course, they will need the mechanical skills of Willie, and the software prowess of Kylie, Jared’s little sister, but a plan to build Tyler’s flying saucer is set in motion with only a faint hope to launch the vehicle at their high school’s Homecoming Parade in the fall.

[Tagged link deleted - MODERATOR]

http://www.amazon.com/G--1-Kyle-Thom...4642154&sr=1-1

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-15-2014 at 08:17 AM.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:57 PM   #47
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
"Safe" by Dawn Husted,Cythia Shepp, Stacy Collier

Free on Amazon...

A dystopian novel; Penelope Evans is eighteen, living in the Colony along with her family and other survivors. She finishes a day in the laboratory when her identification card begins flashing. This flash starts an upheaval of events leading further from her normality and towards the epic truth.

James Garak is attending the Academy where he works on achieving a higher rank. Nobody ever expects Penelope and James' relationship to last long. A year later, they're still together.

But when they are forced to run, Penelope's world turns upside down as she discovers the truth that changes her life forever.

With lives at stake and guards on their trail, will they make it to safety? Will the dishonest lies behind the island's bureaucracy shatter her existence or give her the drive to find a sister she never knew existed?

[Tag- link deleted - MODERATOR]

http://www.amazon.com/SAFE-Dawn-Hust...by+dawn+husted

Can't understand how link didn't work. I tested it after inserting ?
Here is the link again

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SAFE-Dawn-Hu...&keywords=safe

Last edited by mXb; 03-13-2014 at 03:55 PM.
Advert
Old 03-12-2014, 05:38 PM   #48
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebsebs View Post
Amazon has volumes 1 - 4 of David Simpson's Post-Human series available for free today:

http://www.amazon.com/Post-Human-Ser.../dp/B00H0D5NTI
In case anyone missed it, he's accepting readers for his advanced readers list, from the product description on that page:

Quote:
(Special offer only to Post-Human readers)**Love the Post-Human series? Want FREE advance e-copies of my indie books for life? Then join my core advance readers list and get e-copies of my books before the official release date for FREE! All I ask for in return is that you send me feedback via email (like a test audience for a movie) so that I know I'm serving my most important and supportive readers! If you do that, you can stay on my list for life! Not a bad deal, if I do say so myself Haven't read the series but think you might love it and don't want to miss out? Email me and I'll save you a spot while you read the series. If you love it, send me a follow up email and I'll officially add you! I'll be capping my advance reading list soon, but for now, I'm still taking on readers, so don't delay and send me a personal message to posthumanmedia@gmail.com and get your exclusive spot in the Post-Human tribe!**
Figured this would be of interest to some people.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:06 PM   #49
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by din155 View Post
Nice, thanks! I had first three books and this completes my set.
Did you read the description on the page? If you enjoy the series and email him, you can join the pre-readers list and get a free copy of the 5th book and other books. I've not read the series, but wanted to pass that along since it seems like you may have.

Edit: Looks like Manabi beat me to it.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:53 AM   #50
itisbomb
Addict
itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 4
Ice Forged
by Gail Martin

is $1.99 at B&N.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/ice-...sri=ice+forged

Below is the blurb:
Condemned as a murderer for killing the man who dishonored his sister, Blaine "Mick" McFadden has spent the last six years in Velant, a penal colony in the frigid northern wastelands. Harsh military discipline and the oppressive magic keep a fragile peace as colonists struggle against a hostile environment. But the supply ships from Dondareth have stopped coming, boding ill for the kingdom that banished the colonists.

Now, as the world's magic runs wild, McFadden and the people of Velant must fight to survive and decide their fate ...

From Gail Z. Martin, author of the beloved series THE CHRONICLES OF THE NECROMANCER and THE FALLEN KINGS CYCLE, comes a new fantasy adventure for the ages.

Welcome to the end of the world. Welcome to the beginning of THE ASCENDANT KINGDOMS SAGA.
Advert
Old 03-13-2014, 06:53 AM   #51
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Win 10 thinkpad 8in
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
Did you read the description on the page? If you enjoy the series and email him, you can join the pre-readers list and get a free copy of the 5th book and other books. I've not read the series, but wanted to pass that along since it seems like you may have.

Edit: Looks like Manabi beat me to it.
Yes, I saw it, thank you both. After your reminder I mailed him
Old 03-13-2014, 11:43 AM   #52
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
As of whenever you receive this mail and until midnight Hawaiian time on March 19th -- more or less corresponding with the running of the St. Patrick's Festival in Dublin -- you can purchase anything in our store for a whopping 66% off.

site features DRM-free ebooks by SF and fantasy writers Diane Duane and / or Peter Morwood

This discount is as deep as we ever go, and deeper than anything we'll be offering the general public over the holiday period. It even includes our newest offering, the tablet / device-specific 9-volume "box sets" of the Young Wizards New Millennium Editions... which with the 66% discount cost only USD $18.70 each! If you've been thinking about grabbing one of these, this is the time.

All you need to do is use the discount code BEST&NEWEST at checkout for anything from our catalog.
http://ebooksdirect.dianeduane.com/collections/all

(For a walkthrough of our checkout process, just click here.)
http://ebooksdirect.dianeduane.com/p...discount-codes

Also, for those of you who're getting ready to celebrate The Day That's In It with not just drink but food, we'd like to offer you a free copy of the European Cuisines St. Patrick's Day Cookbook. Just go to this page at Ebooks Direct for the direct download links.
http://ebooksdirect.dianeduane.com/p...cookbook-on-us

Last edited by Little.Egret; 03-13-2014 at 11:49 AM.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:29 AM   #53
itisbomb
Addict
itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 4
Mage's Blood (The Moontide Quartet)
by David Hair

is $2.99 at

Kobo http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebook/mage-s-blood-2

B&N http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/mage...mage%27s+blood

Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Mages-Blood-Th...mage%27s+blood

Below is the blurb:
David Hair is the award-winning writer of two young adult fiction series, The Aotearoa and The Return of Ravana (based on the Vedic epic The Ramayana). Mage’s Blood, the first volume of a series called The Moontide Quartet, is Hair’s first work of adult fantasy. In a starred review of Mage’s Blood, Publisher’s Weekly said, “This multilayered beginning to the Moontide Quartet plunges readers into a taut network of intrigue and mystery that tightens with each chapter. Hair portrays a stark and beautiful world breaking apart, with both good and evil characters desperate to reshape it through magic, war, and treachery. This strong debut should draw in fantasy readers of all stripes.”

Most of the time the Moontide Bridge lies deep below the sea, but every twelve years the tides sink and the bridge is revealed, its gates open for trade. The Magi are hell-bent on ruling this new world, and for the last two Moontides they have led armies across the bridge on "crusades of conquest." Now, the third Moontide is almost here, and this time the people of the East are ready for a fight . . . but it is three seemingly ordinary people that will decide the fate of the world.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:42 PM   #54
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
On Sale for $0.99:

Spin State - Chris Moriarty
-Currently published by Random House/Spectra (2003)

Amazon US----Kobo US

--->Not on Kindle in the UK, not on sale at B&N
--->Sorry for posting late in the day, I hope it's on sale for more than just today!

Quote:
From a stunning new voice in hard science fiction comes the thrilling story of one woman’s quest to wrest truth from chaos, love from violence, and reality from illusion in a post-human universe of emergent AIs, genetic constructs, and illegal wetware...

SPIN STATE

UN Peacekeeper Major Catherine Li has made thirty-seven faster-than-light jumps in her lifetime—and has probably forgotten more than most people remember. But that’s what backup hard drives are for. And Li should know; she’s been hacking her memory for fifteen years in order to pass as human. But no memory upgrade can prepare Li for what she finds on Compson’s World: a mining colony she once called home and to which she is sent after a botched raid puts her on the bad side of the powers that be. A dead physicist who just happens to be her cloned twin. A missing dataset that could change the interstellar balance of power and turn a cold war hot. And a mining “accident” that is starting to look more and more like murder...

Suddenly Li is chasing a killer in an alien world miles underground where everyone has a secret. And one wrong turn in streamspace, one misstep in the dark alleys of blackmarket tech and interstellar espionage, one risky hookup with an AI could literally blow her mind.
Quote:

Editorial Reviews:

Amazon.com Review:

In her debut novel, the terrific thriller Spin State, Chris Moriarty melds cutting-edge science with post-cyberpunk fiction and neo-noir suspense to create a complex, believable future inhabited by one of the most intriguing characters in modern science fiction.

Major Catherine Li is a veteran United Nations Peacekeeper in a future of world-nations. Humanity has spread across interstellar space by "jumping": teleportation enabled by quantum physics and a bizarre crystal found only on Compson's World. The jumps destroy memory, so jumpers back up their memories on computer. Despite this precaution, frequent jumpers still lose some memories, a fact that poses a far greater problem for Catherine Li than it does for other Peacekeepers. For Li has a dangerous, potentially deadly secret: she's an illegal clone.

When a UN mission goes awry, Li finds herself shipped on solo duty to Compson's World--her home world, to which she'd vowed never to return. Her mission initially seems simple: to determine if the death of brilliant physicist Hannah Sharifi was a crystal-mining accident or cold-blooded murder. Like Li, Sharifi is a clone--in fact, she's Li's genetic twin. Li swiftly finds herself enmeshed in the intertangled politics of the UN, the multiplanetary corporations, the miners, and the human-created Artificial Intelligences, who have enigmatic agendas of their own. --Cynthia Ward

From Publishers Weekly:

Despite incorporating nearly every well-worn SF theme, Moriarty still manages fresh insights into humanity-and posthumanity-in this highly atmospheric debut, a hefty far-future exploration of AI, human cloning, class conflict and plain old-fashioned murder. Major Catherine Li and her fellow UN Peacekeepers battle hive-minded Syndicate genetic constructs for domination of planets settled through FTL (faster than light) migrations enabled by mysterious crystals, quantum-level anomalies of unimagined substance mined only on Compson's World. Resembling the Victorian British empire, the UN's vast interstellar commercial empire runs on the blood and sweat of a few thousand pitifully exploited miners like Li's father, who died so she could remake herself and escape the miners' fate. Now wired into "streamspace" with an AI lover who interacts with her through both male and female hosts, Li is tapped to investigate the murder of physicist Hannah Sharifi, her cloned twin who hoped to share the crystals' power. Based on the short, dangerous life of miners as well as the heady scientific stuff of quantum physics, the book can be heavy slogging for the uninitiated. Moriarty effectively postulates the Faustian price of enhancing humanity with silicon, of playing God through genetic manipulation. Beneath this complex tale ominously simmers Orwell's question: If all animals are to be equal, what can prevent some from making themselves more equal than the others?
Copyright 2003 Reed Business Information, Inc.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:32 AM   #55
BetterRead
Addict
BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet
A wee bit of Irish for St. Patrick's Day:

Hounded (Book One of the Iron Druid Chronicles) by Kevin Hearne is currently $0.99 at Amazon US.

Quote:
Atticus O’Sullivan, last of the Druids, lives peacefully in Arizona, running an occult bookshop and shape-shifting in his spare time to hunt with his Irish wolfhound. His neighbors and customers think that this handsome, tattooed Irish dude is about twenty-one years old—when in actuality, he’s twenty-one centuries old. Not to mention: He draws his power from the earth, possesses a sharp wit, and wields an even sharper magical sword known as Fragarach, the Answerer.

Unfortunately, a very angry Celtic god wants that sword, and he’s hounded Atticus for centuries. Now the determined deity has tracked him down, and Atticus will need all his power—plus the help of a seductive goddess of death, his vampire and werewolf team of attorneys, a sexy bartender possessed by a Hindu witch, and some good old-fashioned luck of the Irish—to kick some Celtic arse and deliver himself from evil.

BONUS: This special eBook edition includes two bonus short stories set in the world of the Iron Druid Chronicles: "Clan Rathskeller," and the eBook exclusive "Kaibab Unbound."
Old 03-17-2014, 03:16 AM   #56
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRead View Post

Hounded (Book One of the Iron Druid Chronicles) by Kevin Hearne is currently $0.99 at Amazon US.
a VERY fun series!
Old 03-17-2014, 12:12 PM   #57
peachiekene
Fanatic
peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura one, htc 10, kobo glo hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRead View Post

Also at Kobo
Old 03-17-2014, 12:16 PM   #58
rchiang
Connoisseur
rchiang is a name known to allrchiang is a name known to allrchiang is a name known to allrchiang is a name known to allrchiang is a name known to allrchiang is a name known to allrchiang is a name known to allrchiang is a name known to allrchiang is a name known to allrchiang is a name known to allrchiang is a name known to all

Device: Kindle PW3, iPad Pro 9.7"
Dragonriders of Pern: Dragonflight, Dragonquest, and The White Dragon by Anne McCaffrey. $1.99 at Amazon today.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:38 PM   #59
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchiang View Post
The reviews note this ebook edition is of very low quality, with many typos and formatting errors.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:55 PM   #60
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
It's been many years since I have read the Pern books, but at $1.99 I'm willing to give them a try again. Her children are writing more books in the Pern series, offering the original trilogy at a bargain price is a good way to hook some new readers into the series. If there are typos, I figure they will be corrected eventually, and I'll get it at this price before it goes back up again.
Closed Thread