Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-24-2012, 08:17 PM   #61
Alb
Alb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle TOUCH, firmware 5.1.1
No results.

Please, I need the links (true links) to re-download:

1- Jailbreak (updated)
2- combined-dev-certs-*.zip for Jailbreak
3- the newest version of Fonthack (1.3.1 is the newest?)

I would try with everything in order.

It is likely that all these problems are due to the new firmware version (5.1.1).

Sorry for the inconvenience once again.

Thanks.
Alb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:01 PM   #62
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Perhaps the new firmware deletes the developer certs, like recent firmware also deletes SSH dropbear files? VERY unfriendly of amazon to do that, if true...

The "dev certs" you seek are in the Kindlet Index (combined developer keystore).

The Kindlet Index is in the Master Index sticky thread.

If I give you a direct link, that would be "cheating", removing the whole reason for even bothering to create the master index and index wikis.

Perhaps the "dev keystore" link needs a "dev certs" comment to help find it?

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-24-2012 at 11:06 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2012, 07:04 PM   #63
mirrors
mirrors began at the beginning.

Device: KT5.1.1
Hi, guys. Just thought I'd let you know that the jailbreak is working on the latest KT firmware update (5.1.1) via the data.tar.gz universal method.
mirrors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #64
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alb View Post
Please, I need the links (true links) to re-download:

1- Jailbreak (updated)
2- combined-dev-certs-*.zip for Jailbreak
3- the newest version of Fonthack (1.3.1 is the newest?)

I would try with everything in order.

It is likely that all these problems are due to the new firmware version (5.1.1).

Sorry for the inconvenience once again.

Thanks.
ALL of those files are available from the very first post of the FontHack thread. Yes, they are all available at the same location. If you managed to download fonthack, you should manage to download the other files as well.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #65
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
ALL of those files are available from the very first post of the FontHack thread. Yes, they are all available at the same location. If you managed to download fonthack, you should manage to download the other files as well.
@ixtab: I just added your Font Hack thread to the "unorganized" links in the K5 Index wiki. When you get time, you should index your (favorite personal) threads.

@all: Why are all those K3 and earlier links from the sticky in the K5 Index? Was it just a copy/paste from the conversions? If so, the non-K5 links in that group should probably be removed from indexes they do not belong in...
Advert
Old 06-28-2012, 11:34 PM   #66
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Why are all those K3 and earlier links from the sticky in the K5 Index? Was it just a copy/paste from the conversions? If so, the non-K5 links in that group should probably be removed from indexes they do not belong in...
it is because of using the same template for all the versions. Maybe we can create a new template for K4 and K5. Or just removing it from these lists and adding only the appropriate items (like in the tools) would be enough?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
It is included at the bottom of all model-specific pages
but it has very little info related with K4, K5 ( only some parts like Manga, eBook, Collection, and Clipping Management and a few other links) therefore I think it is not belong to these pages. ( maybe this parts could be added just like I did on tools page.)

Last edited by thomass; 06-28-2012 at 11:37 PM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:38 PM   #67
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
it is because of using the same template for all the versions...
Thanks for the explanation. Changing it is not urgent, but removing K3 links from the K4/K5 indexes would prevent noob confusion (and "help" problems) when people go to the K5 index and then try to install a K3 hack from it...
Old 06-28-2012, 11:48 PM   #68
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
@ixtab: I just added your Font Hack thread to the "unorganized" links in the K5 Index wiki. When you get time, you should index your (favorite personal) threads.
Hmmmmmmmmmm.... ummmmm... ok, thanks for the hint. But being unorganized as I am, just which "K5 Index Wiki" are you talking about? The only one I'm aware of is the K5 hacking page, which I'm regularly checking and updating (BTW, a huge thanks to everybody who has contributed to improve that page!), and a few of the directly "adjacent" pages, but none of these seem to be what you are talking about. Could you provide a link please?
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:55 PM   #69
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Hmmmmmmmmmm.... ummmmm... ok, thanks for the hint. But being unorganized as I am, just which "K5 Index Wiki" are you talking about? The only one I'm aware of is the K5 hacking page, which I'm regularly checking and updating (BTW, a huge thanks to everybody who has contributed to improve that page!), and a few of the directly "adjacent" pages, but none of these seem to be what you are talking about. Could you provide a link please?
The K5 Index wiki linked in the "Kindle Developer's Corner Master Index" sticky thread... :

P.S. The indexes are meant to overcome the deficiencies of the MR thread search functions. As more of the important (both new and old) stuff gets indexed, it will become more useful. The indexes are wikis so that anybody can contribute (and several people have been doing exactly that). I created them, and I kept adding stuff and encouraging others to participate until they "got noticed". knc1 provided most of the layout after they grew to the point of needing to better organized. thomass ported the "comprehensive hacks" sticky thread (first post) to it. And others have been contributing as well. NiLuJe said he will index his own threads (someday?)...

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-29-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:39 AM   #70
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
*sticks his fingers in his ears* laaalaaaalaaalaaalaaaa! ^^

Oooops!

It's not like I have a lot of my own stuff to index, I think I only started something like 3 threads.... -_-"
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:00 AM   #71
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
*sticks his fingers in his ears* laaalaaaalaaalaaalaaaa! ^^

Oooops!

It's not like I have a lot of my own stuff to index, I think I only started something like 3 threads.... -_-"
Actually, your threads are huge and quite divergent (each the potential equivalent of many threads). Significant "first posts" of useful "sub-threads" within them should be indexed too, I think.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:31 AM   #72
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Thanks for the explanation. Changing it is not urgent, but removing K3 links from the K4/K5 indexes would prevent noob confusion (and "help" problems) when people go to the K5 index and then try to install a K3 hack from it...
(almost) fixed now . (hack parts are removed at least)

extracted PC-tools from the list and created a template for it. and added it to pages for all the versions and tools and also in the old template.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:42 AM   #73
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
I suppose I could have put the warning "many do not apply..." in a huge warning box on the k4 and k5 pages.
But I was presuming some one would cut and paste the entries into the appropriate places.
One of the reasons for using that include file - you can edit the page and the include file at the same time (edit session). I.E: It is "included" for editing not just for display.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:40 AM   #74
jakobim
Enthusiast
jakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Touch
Woa, a lot happened since i last visited! I don’t have much time during the week for this kind of stuff.
The most delightful news is that the universal data.tar.gz jailbreak method acctually seems to be working on 5.1.1.

@mirrors: Could you please provide a little more detailed description of what exactly is working, if there are any problems and what kind of hacks you already tried on 5.1.1?

Also, could anyone confirm that the data.tar.gz method works on 5.1.1? Sorry, it's not that I don't believe you, I just want to double check in order to minimize the chances of turning my Kindle into an expensive brick. ^^
jakobim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:26 AM   #75
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobim View Post
Also, could anyone confirm that the data.tar.gz method works on 5.1.1? Sorry, it's not that I don't believe you, I just want to double check in order to minimize the chances of turning my Kindle into an expensive brick. ^^
data.tar.gz works on 5.1.1 from DIAGS only. You need an ENABLE_DIAGS file, and your RUNME.sh needs to mount main parition and edit it relative to the mount point, like this:

mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/mmc
cat /mnt/mmc/etc/shadow

There is a DIFFERENT method that works when booting from main. Details will be provided by those who developed it when it is needed.

There are other (unpublished) methods that work from diags as well, and you can always do the "simple debricking" method to install a pre-hacked partition image. So we have plenty of jailbreak (and debricking) options for the future. You do not need to worry about creating a "permanent" brick as long as simple debricking is available (in the sticky thread).

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-30-2012 at 06:05 AM.