Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
Larla
Addict
Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab S5E 12" Tablet
KT and Soft Cases (Warning)

I have the RocketFish case for the KT and I like it a lot but it has one problem. If you close the case when you stop reading (without putting it to sleep 1st) and then carry it somewhere, you will probably find that you are not on the same screen when you start reading again as when you closed the case.

The KT is obviously registering taps when you hold the closed case and/or shift your grip on the case.

This probably explains a lot of the complaints about the KT and skipped screens.

It's pretty obvious when you think about it but it never occurred to me until I started having the problem.

I guess the rule needs to be: go to sleep mode before shutting the case on the touch screen.
Larla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
efindel
efindel goes to eleven.efindel goes to eleven.efindel goes to eleven.efindel goes to eleven.efindel goes to eleven.efindel goes to eleven.efindel goes to eleven.efindel goes to eleven.efindel goes to eleven.efindel goes to eleven.efindel goes to eleven.

Device: Kindle Touch
I've found that to be the case (pardon the pun) even with my Marware leather case. Before putting my Kindle Touch into any bag or even just carrying it around, I put it to sleep now.
efindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #3
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
I too have experienced it with my Marware cover, now I try to remember to put it to sleep before closing the cover. Though I admit there have been times I've sat the Touch down on the bed and realized later that a brush of the covers also turns pages.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #4
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
I not only put mine to sleep before putting it away, I go back to the main menu first. My current read is always in the top collection (the way mine are set up), so it's not hard to get back to it.

(I use a rigid foam zippered sleeve, so can't comment to the cover issue other than to say that most of what's on the market right now is way too flimsy to protect the screen from impacts...so I can see where accidental touches are probably the norm, rather than the exception. Anything with as much flexibility as most of these "cases" have over the screen is going to be a problem.)
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #5
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I keep mine in a hard cover, but I always put it to sleep when done.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2012, 11:06 PM   #6
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Of course it's going to turn pages or what have you, it's a touch screen and it's being touched. It wouldn't matter what case was being used.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:31 AM   #7
mikeschr
Connoisseur
mikeschr is on a distinguished road

Device: Scribe, Oasis, Clara
I use the Marware Atlas cover, and haven't had a problem. The cover is pretty firm - maybe that's the difference.
mikeschr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:22 AM   #8
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
I always put it to sleep when I'm done reading. As I would with every device I own capable of sleep mode. I don't see the problem here at all.
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote