Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-15-2012, 06:03 AM   #151
DavidKitson
Mobile Story Author
DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fujitsu P1510 ( Old & Clunky! )
Printing your own copy is OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Simply persuade B&N to publish the book ;-)
I am pretty sure David won't be against it.
That is correct - Actually, Turing Evolved is sold by B&N -
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/turi...son/1029730089

I get my best ratings from B&N and always have. I don't know how many copies they sell, but if it's similar quantities of reviews per book as I get from Amazon, then I've moved over 50,000 copies with most moving through B&N.

And the license conditions allows people to print their own copy as well - though I may look at ways people can order a print copy - though if anyone has any idea, please let me know.

It's still on the amazon bestseller list - seems I'm hovering around position #10 in technothrillers. Also similarly It's still hovering around position #10 on the Amazon best rated lists.

Regards
David
DavidKitson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:17 PM   #152
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
started it this morning, for a relatively lengthy book it goes very quickly.

the book is great, i don't remember the last time i got so quickly sucked into a novel. i'd certainly buy a copy if print versions were available one day, you deserve to make money off of a quality story like this.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #153
Spock96
Book Geek.
Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
started it this morning, for a relatively lengthy book it goes very quickly.

the book is great, i don't remember the last time i got so quickly sucked into a novel. i'd certainly buy a copy if print versions were available one day, you deserve to make money off of a quality story like this.
I second that. My collection is mainly physical books and I'd love to put a physical copy in it.
Spock96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:40 AM   #154
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

finished the book yesterday (i tore through it, i couldn't put it down). i LOVED it. the characters were great (i must admit to absolutely falling in love with Rachel. god what a charming character even though she's speechless for 99% of her appearance), the pacing was great and the ending was a pleasant surprise. i gave it 5 stars on amazon.

i think this book contains the first graphic, yet not graphic sex scene i've ever read lol. it wasn't filthy, overly descriptive or corny/tacky yet wasn't bland nor innocent either. i think you found an unusual middle ground. to be frank it was far more erotic than most 'erotica' i've seen, maybe because i absolutely adored the characters by that point and was actually happy for them.

i don't think i've ever begged an author to keep writing but please keep writing.

Last edited by xg4bx; 03-18-2012 at 12:52 AM.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:50 PM   #155
DavidKitson
Mobile Story Author
DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks xg4bx,

I'm glad you enjoyed the scene.

For those downloading, the Smashwords Third Release is now available for all formats.

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/34627

So if anyone wants to download it, it's there and with much improved editing.

It looks like my best-seller position and best-rated position in Technothrillers is improving slowly. I'm also starting to make a serious dent into other lists on Amazon, including High Tech Science Fiction and Turing Evolved is still dominating all of the AI related lists.

Amazingly enough, now that there's a "paid" version available on Amazon at the moment, I've also broken into the top-100 Best Rated Science Fiction list at position 45, which was quite a surprise. ( TE is at #8 on the High Tech SF Top Rated list ) This is the first time I've broken into that list which leaves me very happy - and ironically is generating sales which is weird given that it's still a free book for anyone who goes looking.

It does show however how Amazon makes it hard for anyone giving their work away, which is a sad thing to realize. I guess some popular lists are still reserved for authors who charge for their work - so I'd love to see some best-rated free lists on Amazon, but I'm not sure they will appear any time in the near future.

Anyway, at this point, I'm still collecting details of errors in the third edition, but I don't have another edition planned this year, unless someone finds a real clanger that needs immediate attention. Thanks again to everyone from Mobileread who helped with corrections -

Regards
David

Last edited by DavidKitson; 05-01-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #156
DavidKitson
Mobile Story Author

Just an update -

All versions of Turing Evolved have now been upgraded to Version 3.

However, Amazon still have not upgraded two of their versions at all, meaning that most Kindle users who have an earlier version still cannot get the upgraded version.

All I can suggest is that they download the Smashwords Kindle edition ( Version 3 ) which is free ( see the link at the bottom of this post ) as the only Kindle download version 3 is charged for at $2.99.

Both other Kindle books were republished a week ago, so I have no idea why they are not being upgraded on the kindle store...

Sorry to my readers on Kindle - I'm doing my best there... But Amazon KDP is very complicated and I'm not sure how long it takes from approval to publishing.

David
Old 04-28-2012, 08:38 PM   #157
DavidKitson
Mobile Story Author

Amazon's 3rd edition just clicked over to "free". Thank you again to all the readers on Mobileread who have helped with the editing. It would not have been possible without your help.

The latest version is available at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Turing-Evolved...A24IB90LPZJ0BS

Thanks,
David.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:22 AM   #158
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidKitson View Post
Amazon's 3rd edition just clicked over to "free". Thank you again to all the readers on Mobileread who have helped with the editing. It would not have been possible without your help.

The latest version is available at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Turing-Evolved...A24IB90LPZJ0BS

Thanks,
David.
Actually I think it's we at MR who should thank you for such a great Science Fiction read David.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:41 AM   #159
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Actually I think it's we at MR who should thank you for such a great Science Fiction read David.
Alright, it's been plenty of the mutual admiration society.
Enough resting on your laurels, David. Where's the next book?!?
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #160
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?

yea we need a sequel lol. i've been recommending this book every chance i get.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #161
DavidKitson
Mobile Story Author

Thanks guys

I can't say how difficult writing has been the past few months. I've suffered a chapter loss amongst other things ( missing hard drive ) but still have multiple copies of parts of it so I'm rebuilding, but I'm only up to chapter 5... It doesn't help that I've spend weeks away from convenient keyboard access.

Though on a related topic, if anyone has time, a short story is up to the beta-reader feedback stage - it was an exercise in a different way to write a story but covers the Siberian Conflict incident that led to the Hobart Convention which banned autonomous AI development.

Because it (the short story) was an experiment, the style is a little different from Turing Evolved - it's first person and told from the perspective of a journalist.

Anyway, I won't be publishing it until I've had time to get feedback and make changes, but if anyone has time and would like to crit one of the background stories to the sequel, let me know in PM or email me at the address in the book and I'll return a copy of the story.

Thanks
David
Old 05-05-2012, 03:05 PM   #162
TheSFReader
Groupie
TheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really nice

Device: Nook
Yess !!

Quote:
Actually I think it's we at MR who should thank you for such a great Science Fiction read David
Ditto !

And sending a mail right now for the short story !
TheSFReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #163
DavidKitson
Mobile Story Author

OK, something unexpected happened today. Usually Turing Evolved hovers around the top-20 bestsellers in Amazon Free under Technothrillers and Science Fiction.

Today, it's the #1 Bestselling Technothriller on Amazon. Seems the Free Kindle Books blog gave me a good review and they must have a lot of readers, because overnight I moved over 1000 books. I have no idea how long it will stay there - it's an impossible spot to hold without some kind of boost to the normal stats.

But that's not the best news I woke up to. The interesting story is that in a couple of hours, my status of "Independent Writer" may well change. For those who have followed this thread, you may remember my frequent laments that none of the players of that game would read my work and that as a result, I was unable to find a publisher to put it into print or an agent to help me with that.

Well, wish me luck. In a few hours I hope to make a positive change there that may put Turing Evolved on the path to print.

Thanks everyone - it's not an exaggeration to say that I believe the efforts of those on this forum have actually tipped the scales in this matter and there's quite a story to that as well. More information to come after the outcome of this morning's meeting.

David.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #164
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
If that deal holds out a little longer you can still make it onto my Indie review website. I've got two books to read and then I was going to start Turing Evolved.

Would hate to have to drop you from my list on a technicality.

Congrats on the interest! If the only problem was one of copy editing, that will surely disappear with a publishing deal.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:34 PM   #165
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidKitson View Post
OK, something unexpected happened today. Usually Turing Evolved hovers around the top-20 bestsellers in Amazon Free under Technothrillers and Science Fiction.

Today, it's the #1 Bestselling Technothriller on Amazon. Seems the Free Kindle Books blog gave me a good review and they must have a lot of readers, because overnight I moved over 1000 books. I have no idea how long it will stay there - it's an impossible spot to hold without some kind of boost to the normal stats.

But that's not the best news I woke up to. The interesting story is that in a couple of hours, my status of "Independent Writer" may well change. For those who have followed this thread, you may remember my frequent laments that none of the players of that game would read my work and that as a result, I was unable to find a publisher to put it into print or an agent to help me with that.

Well, wish me luck. In a few hours I hope to make a positive change there that may put Turing Evolved on the path to print.

Thanks everyone - it's not an exaggeration to say that I believe the efforts of those on this forum have actually tipped the scales in this matter and there's quite a story to that as well. More information to come after the outcome of this morning's meeting.

David.
Good luck to you.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
androids, artificial intelligence, asimov style, love story, science fiction, twist