Notices

Old 07-31-2003, 10:35 AM   #1
Kurz
Enthusiast
Kurz began at the beginning.

Device: Visor Platinum
Question UK Guardian & graphics?

Hi,
I've DL'd and installed the most recent version of iSiloX (thought I'd compare it to Plucker and see what all the fuss is about), and I've entered in all of my preferred links, got them all squared away -- no problems there. The snag is this: when I
opened the Guardian (UK), I noticed no graphical image heading the title page. Now, there is such an image, and I can see this in Plucker, so...it's not being handled as expected by iSiloX. This is the only glitch I've encountered thus far.

Stats: I'm using a Visor Platinum, w 16 greyscales; settings for
the Guardian (UK) are: include @ 4 bit (16grey)

Other magazines & News sources display their associayed graphics properly coming from iSiloX, so what's the situation here?

Note: Guardian (UK) text displays properly, no problems on that end.

Anyone have any ideas?

k
Old 08-01-2003, 07:49 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Did you check the location of the images? Also, see in iSiloX in the Links property if you have "Follow off-site links" enabled. If the images are located on another server root than the web page that you are downloading (for instance the server is www.turcic.com but the images are located at images.turcic.com), and if this option is enabled, images won't be downloaded.

However, if you want to download images from another server and at the same time avoid downloading any other off-site link, you must use the URL Filters option.
Old 08-01-2003, 10:26 AM   #3
Kurz
Enthusiast

Tricky... I shall be sure to check that -- thanks

K
Old 08-01-2003, 11:02 AM   #4
Kurz
Enthusiast

Talking That was it (Graphics bit)

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander
Did you check the location of the images? Also, see in iSiloX in the Links property if you have "Follow off-site links" enabled. If the images are located on another server root than the web page that you are downloading (for instance the server is www.turcic.com but the images are located at images.turcic.com), and if this option is enabled, images won't be downloaded.

However, if you want to download images from another server and at the same time avoid downloading any other off-site link, you must use the URL Filters option.

Thanks for the suggestion -- did just this, and it worked perfectly.
Excellent

K
Old 08-01-2003, 11:14 AM   #5
Harpgliss
Member Retired
Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.

Device: TH55
similer prob

Hi

im having the same prob with Mobile Gabriel and it was just fine until last friday.

I had images and then when i updated last friday until present,no images.

Have tried everything i have read on her to do.Even went so far to put in the inclusion folder for gif and jpg.

Same pages with no images,rest of site is fine except the lin breaks seem a little odd.The sentence will break off for the next line right in the middle.

I am assuming they are having probs as i did read they were having bandwidth probs.

Anyone else with the same prob ?

David
Old 08-01-2003, 11:19 AM   #6
Kurz
Enthusiast

Alexander suggested that I set iSiloX to allow outside links, presuming that the graphics used in the targeted webpage were
possibly stored on another server -- I did that and it seemed to
work after tweaking this...

K
Old 08-01-2003, 11:28 AM   #7
Harpgliss
Member Retired
Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.

Device: TH55
Hi

Thanks for the response.

Yes i tried that and just about anything i can think of related to isilox and nothing works.

That is why i am beginning to think it is a prob with Mobile Gabriel and not on my end.

When i use IE to bring it up on my pc i get the graphics.

Weird

David
Old 08-01-2003, 11:40 AM   #8
Kurz
Enthusiast

To be sure, it could be a problem with the channel itself. When I was using AvantGo (some time ago), I noticed that Wired Magazine's graphics were intermittant -- they didn't always show up. If they were stored on a different server, then there might have been problems getting to them (server busy), etc, and that might well be the case with Gabriel.

If their channel isn't specifically made for AvantGo users, that is, open to anyone, then you might email them some feedback about this -- it is possible that you might not be the only one experiencing this problem.

K