Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 01-15-2009, 12:29 PM   #1
krtekz
krtekz began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch, axim x30
Sony CLIÉ PEG-SJ20

Anyone still interested in using this as a book reader?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180320994135

Last edited by krtekz; 01-21-2009 at 10:40 PM.
krtekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:46 PM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
That's probably the best Palm PDAs to use as a eBook reader.

Why? The screen. It's a high res screen (320x320), but there are lots of Palm PDAs with high res screens. The (unique?) thing about the SJ20 is that it's a greyscale TFT LCD.

And the great thing about greyscale TFT LCD screens is that they've got really good visibility in bright light (e.g. outdoors). Very easy to read from the screen in bright light. And when it's dark, the backlight on low is great.

If I didn't already have a Cybook (and live in the UK), I'd probably be bidding myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krtekz View Post
Anyone still interested in using this as a book reader?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180320994135
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2009, 11:21 AM   #3
chiasma
chiasma began at the beginning.

Device: prs500
I also have SJ20. It is very good Palm Ebook reader.
320X320 provides very good resolution.
We can read text well under the sunshine, too.
chiasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:38 PM   #4
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Oh.,. I forgot. I actully am the person who won this
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:34 AM   #5
krtekz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
Oh.,. I forgot. I actully am the person who won this
Oh! Tell us how you like it.

Last edited by krtekz; 01-30-2009 at 12:43 AM.
Advert
Old 01-30-2009, 03:06 AM   #6
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
had some problems syncing it with my girlfriends computer after syncing it with mine so i could teach her how to do it.. (first it was missing DLL files and then Mobi just didnt want to pair)

anyway, she has been reading "Ragged Dick" on it for school, even during class. shes loving it, for 25 bucks it fills her need... and considering Ragged dick would have cost her 10 bucks at school. its almost half paid for itself.

its got a nice big screen for such a small device. and it handles daylight pretty well.

for 25 bucks its sort of a steal. considering all the programs that are around for palm 4.1. but mobi alone is worth it.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:40 AM   #7
krtekz

I think the joy-dial on the left side is perfect for one handed reading.