Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > IMP Books (offline)

Notices

Old 02-04-2008, 07:52 PM   #1
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Speed, Harold: The Practice & Science of Drawing. v1. 04 Feb 2008

Project Gutenberg Presents:
The Practice & Science of Drawing
by Harold Speed
Project Gutenberg Release #14264

With 93 Illustrations & Diagrams (Grayscale)

Classic approach to the dynamics of drawing by brilliant teacher with insights and practical advice on line drawing, mass drawing, visual memory, materials and much more. More than 56 plates and 28 diagrams reinforce Speed's clear presentation.

Please note that the filename ending in '_1200.imp' is for the REB 1200. The other one for the EBW 1150.

-Nick
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 03:18 PM   #2
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Nick, I've looked at the Gutenberg copy of this and it looks great. I would love a copy for the Sony and perhaps others would like a Mobipocket version, too. Would you happen to still have the BD file, if that's what you used to convert it? If so, could you post it? I would start with the original HTML but it looks to be a lot of work to get all the figures sized properly.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2008, 07:06 PM   #3
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Nick, I've looked at the Gutenberg copy of this and it looks great. I would love a copy for the Sony and perhaps others would like a Mobipocket version, too. Would you happen to still have the BD file, if that's what you used to convert it? If so, could you post it? I would start with the original HTML but it looks to be a lot of work to get all the figures sized properly.
The .IMP versions were made form the Project Gutenberg source "14264-h.zip" which contains the .html and images (lores-18ppi and hires-30ppi). I did not change the source .html other than surround some of the Project Gutenberg filler with <pre> tags and ensure that the lores images were used. I did not modify the images.

I have made a Mobipocket version, but did not get good results making the Sony version using libprs500 v0.4.40. No images came through. I will post the Mobipocket version and you can use that one to convert to .html using Mobiperl and make a Sony version.

BTW, BD was not used throught this process!
Old 04-13-2008, 07:57 PM   #4
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Excellent! That was very nice of you to try, Nick. I only know that when I opened the HTML with BD, all of the figures were scaled tiny and I was having to rescale each image while maintaining the aspect ratio. Hopefully, I can avoid that somehow.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:59 PM   #5
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Excellent! That was very nice of you to try, Nick. I only know that when I opened the HTML with BD, all of the figures were scaled tiny and I was having to rescale each image while maintaining the aspect ratio. Hopefully, I can avoid that somehow.
I tried using BD to produce a Sony version. While I got it to work, I think those "in the know" could do better. I will post my efforts, with the hopes that someone can improve it. I will include the (source) BD "lastfile" directory in the Sony post.
Advert

Tags
art, drawing