Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #76
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
For simplicities sake I may rewrite parts of it to use

http://code.google.com/p/soundcloudapi-java/

it makes more sense in a kindlet context.

See if it flies first

EDIT: Yeah. it was okay... but this should work "better" and require about a zillion less libs

https://github.com/soundcloud/java-api-wrapper

ongoing...

Okay that will work for the 5's but not on the 3's... going back to test the other one.

sigh...

Last edited by twobob; 12-07-2012 at 08:44 PM. Reason: https://github.com/soundcloud/java-api-wrapper
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #77
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Spoiler:
Nope with all the love and retrofitting I can muster I can't get them to support 1.4.2_19 - 1.5.x I could probably manage but unless some retroweaving? guru steps in then I will resort to the python calls

Quote:
~/Downloads/java $ javac -target 1.4.2 java/lang/*.java
javac: target release 1.4.2 conflicts with default source release 1.5
(and that was to add the support required for "Closeable")

maybe I should look at retroweaver tomorrow. http://sourceforge.net/projects/retroweaver/?source=dlp
In the interim I will get something with a menu completed

EDIT:

So I ripped out all the fancy bits and gutted it back to just the basic menu - invoking Python - which the 3 can handle.

I will look to provide a retroweaved solution tomorrow to give us auth direct on the kindlet side (it just makes more sense)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/retroweaver/?source=dlp
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_029.png
Views:	121
Size:	4.1 KB
ID:	97402   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_030.png
Views:	126
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	97403  

Last edited by twobob; 12-07-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Advert
Old 12-07-2012, 10:01 PM   #78
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
qlob-twobob? I think qlobob or something would look cooler ;P

the above is pure jest.
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:01 PM   #79
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The screenshots do look fancy though...
Old 12-07-2012, 10:09 PM   #80
twobob

meh it's just an iterated list. half of that is still being plumbed in.

trying to figure out how to manage asynchronous track updates. or how to grab returns from the python....

Happy to turn over the source... as it stands..

(minus my master password this time hehehe) you taken that down yet?
EDIT: No, Do us a favour and edit that commit

Last edited by twobob; 12-07-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Advert
Old 12-07-2012, 10:16 PM   #81
qlob
Official Lurker

will do as soon as I can... which might not be untill tomorrow morning or later... I promise not to abuse your password..... i would take it out of c9 though JIC...
Old 12-07-2012, 10:17 PM   #82
qlob
Official Lurker

I think for returns, we actually have to do
Code:
return (string or var or number or whatever floats your boat)

Last edited by qlob; 12-07-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #83
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
I think for returns, we actually have to do
Code:
return string or var or number or whatever
yeah... but from an synchronous call inside a kindlet TO a python method

http://www.java-tips.org/java-se-tip...ssbuilder.html

heh.

sigh... I have walked the halls of so many languages recently they all just seem to be one big lump. Something will give mate. We are close to awesome.

the audio dips out from time to time but the total fails appear to have stopped now. It's a hell of a lot closer than everyone was a week ago And if we can get it nice on the 3... well the 5 should be a pleasure in comparison.

baby steps

Last edited by twobob; 12-07-2012 at 10:27 PM. Reason: the 5, http://www.java-tips.org/java-se-tips/java.util/from-runtime.exec-to-processbuilder.html
Old 12-07-2012, 10:23 PM   #84
qlob
Official Lurker

All the great people in the world started off with baby steps
Old 12-07-2012, 10:30 PM   #85
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
qlob-twobob? I think qlobob or something would look cooler ;P

the above is pure jest.
Well. If this was in line with all my audio collabs the name would be indeed be Qlobob

so, why not. I'll make it happen.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:34 PM   #86
qlob
Official Lurker

okay, works for me.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:01 PM   #87
twobob

as requested. what I have so far. shaky at best. as you can see a file needs to patched via an installer. (well just the external.policy) I included the keys as we will be bundling them.

The commands files is pretty obvious. The linkage between; the py; the sh; the commands.txt; and the kindlet; now needs to be enriched with actual ability to parse track /set / dashboard list, as does the the GUI. The buttons are placeholders for the funtionality once we have it.

EDIT: THESE ARE DEVELOPMENT STUBS!!! THEY WONT DO WHAT YOU EXPECT... WAIT FOR A PROPER RELEASE

EDIT: Soundkloud.sh should read

Quote:
# we're always starting from our working directory
cd /mnt/us/soundkloud
not

Quote:
# we're always starting from our working directory
cd /mnt/us/
oops

EDIT: ATTACHMENT REMOVED

Last edited by twobob; 01-06-2013 at 10:23 PM. Reason: caveats
Old 12-08-2012, 12:25 AM   #88
twobob

a little progress with dynamic menus.

http://docs.python.org/2/tutorial/in...-writing-files
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_031.png
Views:	132
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	97408   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_032.png
Views:	125
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	97409   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_033.png
Views:	111
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	97420  

Last edited by twobob; 12-08-2012 at 07:04 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:21 AM   #89
qlob
Official Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
as requested. what I have so far. shaky at best. as you can see a file needs to patched via an installer. (well just the external.policy) I included the keys as we will be bundling them.
The commands files is pretty obvious. The linkage between; the py; the sh; the commands.txt; and the kindlet; now needs to be enriched with actual ability to parse track /set / dashboard list, as does the the GUI. The buttons are placeholders for the funtionality once we have it.
EDIT: THESE ARE DEVELOPMENT STUBS!!! THEY WONT DO WHAT YOU EXPECT... WAIT FOR A PROPER RELEASE
EDIT: Soundkloud.sh should read
not oops
Errrrrr I must be doing something wrong... all i'm getting is a blank screen after unzipping the tar gz at root... perhaps the security.policy file was modified wrong?

Ummm: just checked and I think the stuff you added at the end of the file goes in the grant signedby kindlet part...
Old 12-08-2012, 08:44 AM   #90
qlob
Official Lurker

So yeah. move the stuff at the end of the policy to up near the beginning... then it launches. but now python's giving me an error about missing libssl... what are the chances of getting this to work with niluje's already installed python?