Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-12-2013, 06:38 AM   #1
Polly7
Ebook/Ereader Lover
Polly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura about

Device: K4B
Hyphenation in AZW3 on Kindle running 4.1.1

I was reading a book on my black kindle 4 a couple of days ago, with a book converted from epub to azw3 in calibre. Good news; Hyphens appear to work now in azw3, as a word at the end of a line was hyphenated instead of making the line shorter. i was just wondering whether anyone else has noticed this, and if it was a product of conversion or firmware.
Polly7
Polly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:11 AM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
An educated guess: it's probably the book.

It *is* possible to "achieve" hyphenation in KF8 books, by cluttering all words with soft hyphens. Maybe the publisher of the book did that.

That said: this is only my guess. Maybe your Kindle really supports hyphenation in AZW3 books - but from experience, I seriously doubt it. Can you "reproduce" that with other books?
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #3
Polly7
Ebook/Ereader Lover
Polly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura about

Device: K4B
Hyphenation

I have found hyphenation in several other books from different publishers, all either converted from mobi or epub to azw3, and it doesn't look like soft hyphenation. I am not experienced in these sort of things though, so cannot completely guarantee it. Thanks for your feedback.
Polly7
P.S. why are the condensed and sans serif fonts so much smaller in azw3 books compared to mobi books? anyone know how to modify them to make them bigger? (my kindle is jailbroken)
Polly7 is offline   Reply With Quote