Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-30-2012, 07:24 AM   #1
neonbible
Addict
neonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone 5, iPad Air, Nexus 7
Why doesn't it convert this TOC correctly?

Trying to convert this epub of Dracula - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=171804 to mobi format.

The TOC gets wiped apart from the first few chapters.

I'm guessing its something to do with the way the epub uses sub-chapters which isn't supported in mobi.

Whats the correct way to convert it with minimal effort?
neonbible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:34 AM   #2
neonbible
Addict
neonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone 5, iPad Air, Nexus 7
Managed to find the solution to my own problem.

Used ePubfixer - http://code.google.com/p/epubfixer/

..to create a HTML TOC page and then converted to mobi. That did the trick!
neonbible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2012, 07:40 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
There's an empty <text /> tag in the NCX file of the epub that's probably the culprit. I'm not sure there is an easy way to convert to a mobi with a functional toc... without diving in and editing the original ePub, I mean. I guess it depends what you find easy. I'd fix the epub with Sigil, myself; then re-convert with calibre.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote