Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-08-2011, 01:57 PM   #256
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Question, where do I find this in Preferences?
under Conversion:
Common options: page setup tab
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:14 AM   #257
ChaosTwin
Manga Reader
ChaosTwin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
What's the best profile for a cbz to epub conversion for an iRiver Story HD with a resolution of 768x1024?
ChaosTwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:20 AM   #258
Rugg
Rugg shares his or her toysRugg shares his or her toysRugg shares his or her toysRugg shares his or her toysRugg shares his or her toysRugg shares his or her toysRugg shares his or her toysRugg shares his or her toysRugg shares his or her toysRugg shares his or her toysRugg shares his or her toys

Device: Iriver Story HD
I feel a bit stupid. I managed to write my own utility to convert and scale images for my StoryHD, and then I discovered this option in Calibre (so yes, I reinvented the weel for nothing).
My ebookreader reads cbz files so I never thought to "export" to other formats.

I'm gonna test the conversion with landscape images as my utility convert them correctly but are not so easy to read.

Thanks.
Ruggero
Rugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:53 AM   #259
ChaosTwin
Manga Reader

which output profile do you use in calibre for converting your cbz's?
Old 08-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #260
Rugg
Rugg shares his or her toysRugg shares his or her toysRugg shares his or her toysRugg shares his or her toysRugg shares his or her toysRugg shares his or her toysRugg shares his or her toysRugg shares his or her toysRugg shares his or her toysRugg shares his or her toysRugg shares his or her toys

Calibre options for Iriver cbz conversion

Up to now I don't use calibre for comicbooks.

I use my own utility to convert to a convenient cbz structure.

I'm gonna test conversions made by calibre (there are lots of interesting options). I'm gonna write the results/impressions.

Best regards
Old 08-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #261
Xosen
Xosen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Hi!

I have a Sony PRS-T1, and I wanted to read manga on it. I use Mangle to reduce the image size and create the CBZ. I then convert the CBZ to EPUB using Calibre, with the option "Disable comic processing". The problem is that Mangle creates images with a 600x800 resolution, but the PRS-T1 needs 600x754. Calibre takes care of this, but then the PNG images file size doubles. So a CBZ file of 100MB after conversion is 200MB.

¿Is there a way to enhance PNG compression on Calibre?

Cheers!
Xosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #262
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Convert to jpg instead in the comic options.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:19 PM   #263
Xosen
Xosen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Convert to jpg instead in the comic options.
But won't that affect the quality of the images? The images in the CBZ file are also PNG, so it seems a difference in the image compression.
Xosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:35 PM   #264
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

calibre uses imagemagick to process images. Feel free to ask the imagemagick developers to improves the compression of their png output.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:16 AM   #265
Rugg

I tried to convert a cbz to epub. Parameters:
I set:
- Generic e-ink device
- custom dimensions 768x1024 (widthXheight)
- 16 colors

The result I get is a very smaller image then expected.

I tried even without specifing dimensions. Same results.

Did I miss something?
Old 08-31-2012, 08:18 AM   #266
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Set the output profile to tablet.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:39 AM   #267
Rugg

Ok, I set:
-Output: Tablet (do not change dimensions)
-colors: 16
-dimensions: 768x1024
-keep proportions
-do not split larger images
- do not create index

It works very well.

Thanks.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:09 AM   #268
ChaosTwin
Manga Reader

I've used the settings which where mentioned above and set the image output type to "jpg" in addition.

the epub file has still the same size as the unprocessed cbz file.
any clues? thx

Last edited by ChaosTwin; 09-05-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #269
Qylie
Qylie began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I tried looking through this thread sorry if I missed the answer - Is there a way to convert from CBR to Epub without stripping the color? I have a color reader and want to keep all the amazing color
Qylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:43 PM   #270
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Use the option to not remove the color under Comic Input in the conversion dialog.

Tags
cbz, comic