Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-28-2012, 07:23 AM   #271
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Haven't read Stacey or Shalvis, but I love Julie James! Her stories are well-written with heavy doses of humor; some people say they don't have enough conflict but I really enjoy them. I always look forward to her books; she has a new one coming out in April 2013, which is way too far away
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:50 AM   #272
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I didn't care for the one Julie James book I tried (the hero was a Hollywood actor who was a total jerk and the events in the story just seemed terribly unrealistic). But I have a friend who is also a lawyer who raves about James' US Attorney/FBI series. So I have those in my TBR pile, but have not read them yet.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2012, 11:38 AM   #273
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Not enough conflict is a biggie with me. This was my problem with Erin McCarthy. Who can write really well but with her racing series the books just don't have enough conflict. The last one in the series I read was really hard to finish because the heroine was really mean and manipulative to the hero and never changed by the end of the book. I don't know why he wanted her.

I have issues with unrealistic scenes with Jane Graves DeMarco series. They are over the top a bit. At least the second book in the series was.

@CR
I get mine from the library. I don't wait for the price to come down. I do buy Jill's books though. I just finished one of her Harlequin Duets. It was really funny.

Last edited by Blossom; 09-28-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #274
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

On Sale: $2.81

A Pirate's Love by Johanna Lindsey
Genre: Historical Romance (European Renaissance)
Publisher Avon ( Org. 1978) (RI 2011)

I had to snag this! I pretty much buy all novels with this theme. It's my weakness. My first historical romance series was about Buccaneers when I was 17. Till this day I don't think I've read a pirate romance novel I haven't liked.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #275
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I didn't care for the one Julie James book I tried (the hero was a Hollywood actor who was a total jerk and the events in the story just seemed terribly unrealistic). But I have a friend who is also a lawyer who raves about James' US Attorney/FBI series. So I have those in my TBR pile, but have not read them yet.
Oy, that one was my favorite
Advert
Old 09-28-2012, 11:50 PM   #276
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

You all know how I love Christie Craig's books. Well she has a bundle out for $1.99 @ Amazon. It includes three books.

Love, Laughter and a Little Murder: 3 Novels by Christie Craig [Kindle Edition]

Nook Link

Quote:

SPECIAL PRICE FOR A LIMITED TIME!! GET 3 BOOKS FOR JUST $1.99!!!

This boxed set is a great value for three of New York Times-bestselling author Christie Craig's most popular contemporary romance novels: MURDER, MAYHEM AND MAMA, WEDDINGS CAN BE MURDER and GOTCHA! All three books feature Christie's unique blend of breathtakingly sexy, laugh-out-loud funny and edge-of-your-seat suspenseful entertainment!

And at the end you'll be treated to a special EXTENDED teaser -- EIGHT CHAPTERS -- of BORN AT MIDNIGHT, the first book in the New York Times-bestselling YA paranormal series, Shadow Falls, that Christie writes under the name C. C. Hunter. Sample the teaser and if you like what you read, you can now purchase the full e-book for just $2.99!

You'll also get a sneak peak at the first chapter of BLAME IT ON TEXAS, the second book in Christie's HOTTER IN TEXAS series, out now with Forever Books.
If you haven't read Gotcha! You need to. It has the tampon scene in it which still is the funniest thing I've ever read in a romance novel. This is a great deal. I think I paid $6 for MMM book alone. It's her only Digital book. I have all the others in paperback and slowly collecting the ebooks to match.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:53 AM   #277
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
It's available for $1.99 at Smashwords, too - no DRM, lots of formats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You all know how I love Christie Craig's books. Well she has a bundle out for $1.99 @ Amazon. It includes three books.

Nook Link

If you haven't read Gotcha! You need to. It has the tampon scene in it which still is the funniest thing I've ever read in a romance novel. This is a great deal. I think I paid $6 for MMM book alone. It's her only Digital book. I have all the others in paperback and slowly collecting the ebooks to match.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:04 AM   #278
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
A Smashword freebie which, as far as I recall, was free at Amazon US some while back:

Stolen Fury by Elisabeth Naughton.

Quote:
To unearth a centuries-old secret, an archaeologist must team up with the rakish thief who’s stolen both an ancient relic and her heart…
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:45 AM   #279
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:

Nook Link
Awesome! MMM is on my wish list and I need Weddings to replace my paperback copy.
Thanks Blossom!
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:03 AM   #280
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Did I miss getting the sneak peek of DANL's October selections? It only one day to the new month and I've gotten nothing from DANL.

I've just started Hell on Wheels. So far I'm loving it! I may have found a new favorite.

Last edited by Blossom; 09-30-2012 at 12:06 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:40 AM   #281
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
Did I miss getting the sneak peek of DANL's October selections? It only one day to the new month and I've gotten nothing from DANL.
I didn't get it either; I had to go to the site to see October's selections.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:06 AM   #282
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I didn't get it either; I had to go to the site to see October's selections.
Linky please?
Old 09-30-2012, 02:14 AM   #283
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Linky please?
http://www.discoveranewlove.com/feat...ce-ebooks.html

A Wedding in Apple Grove by C.H. Admirand
Miss Lavigne’s Little White Lie by Samantha Grace
Savage Hunger by Terry Spear
Lady Louisa’s Christmas Knight by Grace Burrowes

Bonus selections...
Backstage Pass by Olivia Cunning
Outcast by Cheryl Brooks
Devil’s Desire by Laurie McBain
Tyler by C.H. Admirand

Last edited by AnemicOak; 09-30-2012 at 02:16 AM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:49 AM   #284
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
http://www.discoveranewlove.com/feat...ce-ebooks.html

A Wedding in Apple Grove by C.H. Admirand
Miss Lavigne’s Little White Lie by Samantha Grace
Savage Hunger by Terry Spear
Lady Louisa’s Christmas Knight by Grace Burrowes

Bonus selections...
Backstage Pass by Olivia Cunning
Outcast by Cheryl Brooks
Devil’s Desire by Laurie McBain
Tyler by C.H. Admirand

Thank you! Grace Burrowes is an autobuy for me, so I know exactly which book I am getting tomorrow. Now I just need to decide wheter or not I'll renew my membership...
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #285
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
I renewed my membership last night and picked up five ebooks from my tbr with my discount so I am set for the next six months.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote