Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-24-2009, 12:18 AM   #1
jesse
Connoisseur
jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle 2
A quick note on my latest unsavory kindle experiments.

Pengutronix OSELAS (http://www.pengutronix.de/oselas/too.../index_en.html) is the most polished cross-compiler build system I've found.

The Nokia N810 is remarkably similar to the Kindle in terms of base hardware and a very convenient bootstrapping tool.

qemu-arm's SCSI drivers are very cranky. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Archit.../ARM/HowToQemu has a decent writeup of how to do an NFS-rooted ARM-linux system, but http://people.ubuntu.com/~ogra/arm/qemu/ has the ubuntu images I found useful.

The Kindle's kernel has baked in NFS and Ext3 drivers.
jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:34 PM   #2
kylecronan
-
kylecronan began at the beginning.

Thanks for the tip! Nothing is worse than trying to roll your own toolchain.
kylecronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:15 AM   #3
jesse
Connoisseur
jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylecronan View Post
Thanks for the tip! Nothing is worse than trying to roll your own toolchain.
Actually, Building Qt 4 times on a Kindle is. I wish I did not know that.
God, I wish cross-compilation wasn't such a joke.
jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:45 AM   #4
bochuxt
bochuxt began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
good exprement
bochuxt is offline   Reply With Quote