Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-02-2011, 11:27 PM   #1
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd began at the beginning.

Device: K3/Fire
Problem connecting via USB.... fixed.

I was having horrible problems connecting via USB. The problem seems to have fixed itself during the root process of my kindles. The first portion of the guide has you modify a driver from the SDK and then install it.

That modified driver works far better than the native driver. The guide has you modify two files and then install the new driver through the device manager.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/24430...ndle_fire.html

Last edited by Dolorous Edd; 12-02-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Dolorous Edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:29 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolorous Edd View Post
I was having horrible problems connecting via USB. The problem seems to have fixed itself during the root process of my kindles. The first portion of the guide has you modify a driver from the SDK and then install it.

That modified driver works far better than the native driver. The guide has you modify two files and then install the new driver through the device manager.
I don't use USB I use ES File Explorer LAN feature which works really well. Or you can buy WiFi Explorer Pro and it will give you access to your Fire's File listings from any Browser on your PC or Mac.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:34 PM   #3
Dolorous Edd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I don't use USB I use ES File Explorer LAN feature which works really well. Or you can buy WiFi Explorer Pro and it will give you access to your Fire's File listings from any Browser on your PC or Mac.
I use both of those, the first and second apps I installed when I unpacked the fire. Found both on your sticky, thanks.

I was pretty stocked to get the USB working though.

Edd.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:35 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I use both of those, the first and second apps I installed when I unpacked the fire. Found both on your sticky, thanks.

Edd.
Do you find your USB port on the Fire to be hard to plug the cable into? I have to fiddle with mine a little to get them to line up together.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:37 PM   #5
Dolorous Edd

Quote:
Do you find your USB port on the Fire to be hard to plug the cable into? I have to fiddle with mine a little to get them to line up together.

Yeah, it's worst than my K3 ever was.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:41 PM   #6
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Yeah, it's worst than my K3 ever was.
I've not had any real issues plugging the USB into either device. The first time, I guess, considering that I wasn't positive just which side was up on the cable. But, after that? Nothing really proved to be too difficult.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:17 AM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

It's not a good fit. That's one reason I don't use USB I fear I will break the port every time I plug in the charger. It's gotten a little better but it's still doesn't just click in like my other Kindles do.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:06 AM   #8
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Yes i know i do.I'm worried over time the usb connector may be the weak point on the Fire and then it will be worthless without a way to charge it.
always takes me a few attempts to get it to go.

Quote:
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:20 AM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
Yes i know i do.I'm worried over time the usb connector may be the weak point on the Fire and then it will be worthless without a way to charge it.
always takes me a few attempts to get it to go.
I'm not worried because if it does turn out to be a flaw with the Fire, I'm sure Amazon will take care of it. They back their stuff up!

There are sometimes I can plug it in without any problems then other times I have to fiddle with it. I keep hoping the problem will go away with more use.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:29 AM   #10
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I have to fiddle with mine, too. That is actually the only part of it that feels "cheap" to me.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote