Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-21-2006, 07:38 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Books that you wish were at the Connect store

This is most definitely a wish list with little hopes of seeing results. Even if Sony wanted to, I think it would be hard for them. I'm sure they are already trying very hard to expand their list of available books.

But I know there are some books that we'd really really like to see, and it's good to have a place to share our longings.

I'll start out with the book I really want to read. Recently, my reading list has been basically frivolous things that are purely relaxing recreation. But one non-frivolous book that I really want to read on my Reader is the following:

Warped Passages by Lisa Randall.

Lisa Randall is a Harvard professor who explains particle physics to us. I heard her on a televised seminar once, and she's a great speaker. I'd love to hear updates from her as work on the new supercollider completes and we start getting answers back on some of the big questions that can even help determine whether current string theory and brane concepts might be right or wrong.

Then after reading it, I'll go back to my frivolous books for a while to rest my brain! ;-)
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 07:45 PM   #2
Michele
Addict
Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Ah, yes, the new supercollider which creates tiny black holes several times a minute...
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2006, 09:12 PM   #3
hkabir
e-bookviner
hkabir began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPodTouch
I want the following books:

1. My Name is Read -Orhan Pamuk
2. Snow - Orhan Pamuk
3. The White Castle - Orhan Pamuk
4. The New Life - Orhan Pamuk
5. The Inheritance of Loss - Kiran Desai
6. The Great War for Civilisation: The Conquest of the Middle East - Robert Fisk
7. Empire's Workshop: Latin America, the United States, and the Rise of the New Imperialism - Greg Grandin
8. The Dwarfs - Harold Pinter
hkabir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 10:04 PM   #4
Nightwing
Addict
Nightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enough

Device: Cowon A2 Dell x3i, Sony Reader & Eee PC!
1). All of Robert A Heinlen
2). Mythical Man Month
3). All of Hospital Station Series by James White
4). Art of Talk by Art Bell
5). Perry Rodan. Am nuts... all of them.
Nightwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 12:04 AM   #5
Mohit25
Mohit25 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
The Afghan by Frederick Forsyth
All of Richard Dawkins
Mohit25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2006, 12:35 AM   #6
Egghead
Mentat
Egghead has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Bookeen Gen3 Cybook
The Harry Potter books.
Egghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 12:37 AM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I'm looking at the publishers on my nearest shelf: Tor, Spectra, Bantam, Baen, Del Rey, Scholastic, Ace ... those are just the ones I can read from here.

And I second the Harry Potter books! (they're so stinkin' heavy!)
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 01:46 AM   #8
ultim8fury
Addict
ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS500, Looking at 700
1) All of Stephen Baxter
2) All of Trudi Canavan
3) All of Raymond Feist

That'll do for the moment.
ultim8fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 02:19 AM   #9
tekchic
Zealot
tekchic doesn't littertekchic doesn't litter

Device: iPhone X, iPad Pro
For One More Day - Mitch Albom
tekchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 06:28 AM   #10
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
I can't believe no-one mentioned Tolkien yet.

"The Perfect Thing: How the iPod Shuffles Commerce, Culture, and Coolness" by Steven Levy. (Due for release next week in hardcover.)
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 11:43 AM   #11
rmeister0
Addict
rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

They've got all the Del-Rey reprints of the wandering star Robert E. Howard books...except the first one (The Coming of Conan). What's up with that?

Since Penguin is in the game, I'd like to see them put up their reprints of H. G. Wells and H. P. Lovecraft. While they're at it, they could put up all the Ian Fleming Bond novels.

Rowling's Harry Potter books would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath. Tolkien, yea, I might even get past the first half of The Two Towers this time.

Steven Levy's other two books, Hackers and Insanely Great would be nifty.

Edgar Rice Burroughs, anyone?

But please! Would Ereads and Rosetta please do better proof-reading? The OCR errors in the Fritz Leiber and Douglas Adams novels are getting ridiculous.
rmeister0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 12:05 PM   #12
Nightwing
Addict
Nightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enough

Device: Cowon A2 Dell x3i, Sony Reader & Eee PC!
2nd on James Bond!

And just to collect the Tom Swift series from the last 50 to 70. All there are are two with no copyright.

There is a german subscription for Perry Rhodan.
Nightwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 12:09 PM   #13
griffbrad
griffbrad began at the beginning.

I'd like to see some political books from smaller publishers, like Amy Goodman's recent "Static."
griffbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 12:16 PM   #14
Michele
Addict
Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Griffbrad, did you get a chance to see her on Static's promotional tour with her brother (co-author)? The presentation was quite good.
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 01:02 PM   #15
griffbrad
griffbrad began at the beginning.

Yeah, my girlfriend and I saw her at the ACME conference in VT a couple weeks ago. She's a great speaker. I've noticed that a lot of the smaller, progressive publishers don't have their stuff available in ebook form, though. Not sure what more to do about it other than shooting them email to let them know there is at least some demand.
griffbrad is offline   Reply With Quote