Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 04-10-2010, 03:46 PM   #1
DaringNovelist
Addict
DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Free Smashwords Coupon This Week - The Whore of Freedom

NOTE: the coupon offer is old - but The Wife of Freedom IS currently on sale for 99 cents just until the end of July. (I'll raise the price to 2.99 in August, but not sure exactly when yet.)

I decided to see how the Smashwords' coupon feature worked, so for this week only, for people on this board only - here is a free coupon for my book The Whore of Freedom:

Promotional price: $0.00
Coupon Code: RQ84L
Expires: April 17, 2010
Link: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/11786

Genre: Women's Fiction, Romantic Adventure

Description:
New Acteron is on the verge of rebellion, and so is Mary Alwyn, the upstanding wife of a local revolutionary. Mary was once a wild orphan, who loved to run barefoot and jump in the mud, but she's been raised to be a good and proper wife. Everyone thought that the irrepressible Jackie Alwyn would be a good match for her, but he's married to the revolution, isn't he?

When a charming nobleman comes along, he's like a big mud-puddle, and Mary just can't help but jump in bed with him.

But when she betrays her lover's trust for the revolution, Jackie holds her up as a hero and calls her the Whore of Freedom in public. If Mary's ever going to live down the first part of that name, she's going to have to live up to the second. So she sets out to be a real spy, as brazen and bold as the reputation that precedes her, while learning anew what it is to be a real friend to those you love. But she'll never really be free until she returns to face her past.

Camille

Last edited by DaringNovelist; 06-11-2010 at 11:05 PM.
DaringNovelist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:01 PM   #2
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Thank you... I've put your book on my TBR list.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2010, 09:56 AM   #3
jesscscott
Nomad
jesscscott began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia!
Thank you, and I'm sure you'll enjoy Smashwords! I used the coupon feature for two eBooks I uploaded there last year. It was fuss-free.
jesscscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #4
DaringNovelist
Addict
DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks to you all for reading!

If you like it, I hope you'll pass the word, or rate or review it. (If you don't.... Well, um, you know....)

Camille
Old 06-11-2010, 09:50 PM   #5
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Hi Camille, thank you for the coupon. I note the change of title to "The Wife of Freedom". I don't like either title much (sorry!), although I think "Freedom" is required in it.

My Smashwords review:
I enjoyed reading this book very much. It's a great story, well told, with a satisfying ending.

The main character, Mary, is strong, resilient and independent, far from perfect and I felt a lot of sympathy towards her. Jackie is likable and roguish.

Are you planning a sequel? It's a complete book, but I like the 2 main characters a lot and I would be happy to read more about them.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2010, 11:03 PM   #6
DaringNovelist
Addict

Thanks for the review (It put the book at the top of the ratings for Women's Fiction on Smashwords! Yay!)

Yes, I actually wrote a sequel to it a long time ago, but it's rough and a mess, and is really two books (though closely linked - it's more a trilogy).

I am working on the final draft of the next book TEST OF FREEDOM right now, and hope to get it done to publish in August. The third book is more of a challenge, but I think I've resolved a few of the problems in writing this one, so it could still be coming in fall, but I'm not holding my breath.

In Test of Freedom Jackie slips into loyalist territory to help a friend and gets himself arrested and transported for sedition. Mary recruits Lady Ashton to help her find him and save him. And he needs saving because the brutal island he's sent to is a dangerous place for a man like him... but then he's a dangerous man for a place like that.

Henry has his own subplot as he seeks a kind of redemption of his own. And there are some great new villains, including a brutal convict/overseer who keeps trying to ditch his soul, but Jackie keeps dusting it off and handing it back to him.

Thanks again for the review!

Last edited by DaringNovelist; 06-11-2010 at 11:07 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:29 PM   #7
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
You're welcome and congratulations on your number 1 rating!

I'm looking forward to reading more about Lady Ashton - I think she has the potential to become a wonderful character, especially after she got rid of... well, you know. I don't want to spoil this for anyone who hasn't read the book yet. As for Henry - brrr. I enjoyed reading about him, though.

I like the title "Test of Freedom" Please put the sequel on Smashwords when it's ready - I won't buy from Amazon.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:48 AM   #8
DaringNovelist
Addict

Lady Ashton is developing. I want to pull her out a little bit more in this draft. Henry must suffer being comic relief for a while - I think readers will find it satisfying.

And yes, it will certainly be on Smashwords. They pay a higher proportion, and get me into other stores with less fuss. (Plus non-U.S. customers don't have to pay a surcharge.)

Camille