Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-03-2010, 06:06 PM   #1
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Five languages in story - Help needed

I'm converting a story with 5 languages, German, French, Polish, English, and Czech. I tried converting with unicode but the Polish language has percent signs in place of letters and looks funny.

I'm not sure if I need to change my metadata in the HTML header from this...

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=windows-1252">

to something else? or if I need to embedd the font in some manner?

I'd appreciate any advice or help.

thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm making a mobi/epub/and lrf file for this story.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Try windows-1250 for Polish. Or iso-8859-2.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2010, 05:58 PM   #3
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian Galaj View Post
Try windows-1250 for Polish. Or iso-8859-2.
I'll try that!

I think what makes it complicated is that I got the story in RTF and I just noticed the polish characters are messed up there too. I'll have to see if the original html file has the correct characters.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote