Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-26-2009, 12:45 AM   #1
Iteria
Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD+
Buttons unresponsive

I have a 505 and I'm not sure whether or not it's done for or not. I dropped it. To be fair, I drop it often (I'm a kluz) and nothing has ever happened, but this time the buttons just stopped responding. It didn't even happen instantly after I dropped it. I dropped it, read a few pages, then discovered I couldn't turn the page, fiddled with it and discovered that only the 6,9,0 and mark button works.

It turns on and off fine. it's recognized by my computer. Books load and I can get to any page with a 6,9, and 0 in it. it's just the other buttons don't work.

I soft reset it, but that didn't help. I can't hard reset it because those buttons don't work.

Should I send it in (I would miss it terribly while it was being repaired)? Or is there a way to fix it?
Iteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:49 AM   #2
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Hmm, that doesn't sound good. You must be terribly upset!

Have you tried contacting Sony Support?

Perhaps someone here will come along who can help.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2009, 11:00 PM   #3
Iteria
Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD+
I decided to just send it in. My warranty is still good, so it's fine. And their sending me a shiny holder reader while I wait for them to fix mine.
Iteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:48 AM   #4
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Yay! That's great news...well, at least you will have a reader to keep you going. Hope they can fix it.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote