Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-28-2008, 09:15 AM   #1
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Fictionwise Buywise super deal!

I got an e-mail from Fictionwise that if I extended my Buywise membership out to five years from now, then any books I bought between now and 31 Aug would have 100% Micropay rebates. Woohoo! I'm not sure if this applies to those not already members, but it is really worth it. Especially if you already have about $300 worth of Wishlist.

I paid my $124 for a five year membership (mine was about to expire) and then bought the wishlist, coming out to a little over $300 total.

Now get this -- I now get $300 worth of books more with Micropay! In all it is $600 worth of books for $424. My reading list is now complete for the next year, btw. All of them DRM-free Multiformat or fixable .lit files, also.

I'll stop now before I get accuse of being an infomercial. Thank you Fictionwise!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:23 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Don't forget the 5 free ebooks you should have gotten (one for each year of club membership).

Also, if you bought that renewal by itself, you should have gotten 10% back in Mocropay (I think).

Also, if you bought the $300 in one purchase, you should have gotten an extra 15% back in Mocropay.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2008, 09:38 AM   #3
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Don't forget the 5 free ebooks you should have gotten (one for each year of club membership).

Also, if you bought that renewal by itself, you should have gotten 10% back in Mocropay (I think).

Also, if you bought the $300 in one purchase, you should have gotten an extra 15% back in Mocropay.
There was a lot in my micropay account, I didn't really do all the math, but yes there was a hefty bonus for doing that.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:26 AM   #4
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
More information about this offer on the following thread :
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27811
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 12:12 PM   #5
wonderboy
Enthusiast
wonderboy began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3, Smart Q7, iPod Touch, Blackberry 8820
Trouble with Fictionwise Shopping Cart

Anyone else having trouble trying to take advantage of this great offer? For the last 24 hours I have been consistently getting this error whenever I try to add anything to the shopping cart:

A system error has occured. Please contact the System Administrator
java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC][SQLServer]Syntax error converting the nvarchar value '324646 ' to a column of data type int.

I have left two notes for the admin over there to look at, but no response.
wonderboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2008, 12:20 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderboy View Post
Anyone else having trouble trying to take advantage of this great offer? For the last 24 hours I have been consistently getting this error whenever I try to add anything to the shopping cart:

java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC][SQLServer]Syntax error converting the nvarchar value '324646 ' to a column of data type int.

I don't know if there is any difference, but I did download a free book to the shopping cart, and two magazines, and had no trouble checking out.......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:00 PM   #7
wonderboy
Enthusiast

Thanks for the response desertgrandma. The system finally came back up. I grabbed my $300 worth (35 books). This will keep me in books for the forseeable future and the micropay credit will come in handy for new books that come up.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:02 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderboy View Post

This was reported on the FW mailing list. Should be fixed now.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:43 PM   #9
wonderboy
Enthusiast

Thanks HarryT.