Notices

Old 03-01-2014, 07:53 AM   #16
sengian
Zealot
sengian doesn't littersengian doesn't litter

Device: PRS-T1;PRS-650;PocketBook Touch Lux 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Yeah searches have always been broken in Launchpad translations, for as long as I can remember. Other than that, most things work well.

Certainly if more people complain, I will consider moving to something else.
Fair enough.
It was mostly a timeout problem frequency, but it doesn't seem to bother others and there is always the question of finding a replacement...
sengian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:08 AM   #17
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I wouldn't say it's unusable, but I agree it is sometimes quite annoying. Every action you take (not only searching) has a significant probability of resulting in a timeout, so you have to go back and try again, often several times.

Other features I miss are checking what the changes since the last update (or earlier), or what did a certain contributor change.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:10 PM   #18
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The .po files are tracked in bazaar, so if you want to see what has changed, you can always do that. http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kovid/c.../translations/
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:08 PM   #19
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The .po files are tracked in bazaar, so if you want to see what has changed, you can always do that. http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kovid/c.../translations/
That's better than nothing, but it's only updated weekly, while in launchpad you can see if someone made a change a few hours ago... but you can't see which change that was. The whole diff is also rather inconvenient to see, because it includes all changes in the source lines, not only in the strings (and it gets messy when the order of the strings changes).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:21 PM   #20
sengian
Zealot
sengian doesn't littersengian doesn't litter

Device: PRS-T1;PRS-650;PocketBook Touch Lux 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I wouldn't say it's unusable, but I agree it is sometimes quite annoying. Every action you take (not only searching) has a significant probability of resulting in a timeout, so you have to go back and try again, often several times.
Yes exactly my point! As to unusability, some people may say I can get a little short of patience
sengian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:30 AM   #21
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nexus 5x
I forked a copy of calibre in my github account, and seeing that 2.0.0 has gone live figured I should get the upstream copy, but I had thought
Code:
git pull upstream
was a little simplistic when I first saw it. When I tried that on my local copy, I got:
Code:
$ git pull upstream
fatal: 'upstream' does not appear to be a git repository
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.
I know I've set an upstream repository in an existing git before, so I'm sure I can fix this, but I'd appreciate it if anybody else could tell me off the top of their head what I need to do.
auspex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:32 AM   #22
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just do git pull

it should pull from whatever branch is set as the default pull remote.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:51 PM   #23
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, the default is going to be MY forked repository, which I'm sure I could also sync in GitHub. Your instructions say to use "git pull upstream", but 'upstream' isn't set.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:56 PM   #24
auspex
Groupie

So what I need is:
Code:
git remote add upstream https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibre.git
and then
Code:
git merge upstream/master

Last edited by auspex; 08-23-2014 at 10:10 PM.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:24 PM   #25
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Ah, well I was referring to "simple" a git checkout like this

git clone git://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibre.git

I see I forgot to add a line on creating the upstream alais to the github workflow section, I will fix that.