Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 09:20 AM   #46
Alex Bleach
Enthusiast
Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC - PDF & Kindle Desktop
Hopefully I'll actually achieve something this year
* Re-edit my first short story, should be done by the end of the month and design a new cover for it.
* Publish my second short story - it's written as a draft but it needs typing and editing.
* Maybe write a novel using NaNoWriMo.

I think I was very complacent last year, but I think I'm getting the hunger back.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:41 PM   #47
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
So far this year, I've published the collection The Worlds Outside My Window, and will have Price of Imperium out within the next 30 days.

After that comes the hard work. Not only do I have to market my existing works, I have to finish Doc Vandal and work on the sequel to Amadar. No rest for the wicked.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:38 AM   #48
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
January has been tough. I didn't meet my 20,000 words of editing my draught. More like 5-10,000. I plan to edit 20,000 by the end of February. Lol. Good luck to everyone with their goals.

Last edited by Rizla; 01-31-2014 at 04:34 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:22 AM   #49
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantman42 View Post
Edited to add : I want to write some articles, especially one about the ZSU-23-4 Shilka
I've just realised I haven't updated this. I've written an article about the ZSU-23-4 Shilka, and one about the Deutschland, a German WWI merchant u-boat. Neither of them are up yet, because I wrote them for a society magazine. I'll put them on my website after they've appeared there.

Last edited by avantman42; 02-25-2014 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Fixed a typo
Old 02-27-2014, 11:32 PM   #50
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
This thread sure slides down the page. I wonder where KennyC is? Anyway, a grand total of about 17000 by the end of February. I kind of wrote off January because I went through a mountain of a learning-curve for editing, plus the first 10% needed massive reworking. I'm going a lot slower than I'd like. I think I can do 15000 in March if I lock myself away and chain myself to the chair. Excuse my prose.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:19 AM   #51
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I'm sorry, but I've decided that if I want to be a writer I'm going to have to act like a writer. Therefore, I do not intend to acknowledge the end of one year until (at least) June of the following year.

I'll have to get back to you about my plans.
Okay, I've made enough progress that I can at least acknowledge my short term plans.

First, even though I wrote it in the last week of December, 2013, I'm going to chalk up the story for the charity anthology to 2014.

Second, I've completed a new short, legitimately in 2014. I've set it aside for a while so I can come back and edit it with "fresh eyes," and also research some possible markets.

Third, I have two longer short stories moving along. Both are more or less conventional science fiction, and both are about two thirds done.

Finally, as far as actual writing goes, I have several more short stories started from last year. I'm lining up at least two of them for completion by this fall.

In my spare time I want to come up with new covers and better formatting for the stories I have out there now.

And, I joined a writers' workshop in January. It started as an Adult Ed class affiliated with my old college, but several of us "clicked" and we're keeping it going. Tomorrow is our first meeting as an independent group, at a coffee shop across the river from the school. We're thinking of moving to a library with a small meeting room or some other location. We all have very different writing interests, but that's worked out well, too.

Last edited by cromag; 02-28-2014 at 02:25 AM.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:21 AM   #52
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Writing Goals:

Release Spectra's Gambit (only about 20% written so far)
Start book 7

2014 is going to be a big year for me outside of writing so if I get that much done, that will be good.

Adding: Graduate with my second Master's Degree! Finally going take a break from school, I have in school non-stop from PRE-K till now. Its time to try something new LOL!
Crossed 85% last night in Spectra's Gambit.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:33 PM   #53
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Writing Goals:
Adding: Graduate with my second Master's Degree! Finally going take a break from school, I have in school non-stop from PRE-K till now. Its time to try something new LOL!
No more pencils, no more books, no more teachers dirty looks!!!

LAST TEST OF MY GRAD SCHOOL CAREER TURNED IN!!!! It has been 7 long years, 99ish credit hours, all taken part time while teaching, preaching, working full time, raising a 10 year old and releasing six full scifi length novels but now I am done! W00T!! All work is turned in, just have to wait on the final grades. A passing grade in this class is all I need, but I am predicting a high B.

Old 03-03-2014, 02:00 PM   #54
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
LAST TEST OF MY GRAD SCHOOL CAREER TURNED IN!!!! It has been 7 long years, 99ish credit hours, all taken part time while teaching, preaching, working full time, raising a 10 year old and releasing six full scifi length novels but now I am done! W00T!! All work is turned in, just have to wait on the final grades. A passing grade in this class is all I need, but I am predicting a high B.
Congratulations.

Graham
Old 03-03-2014, 03:26 PM   #55
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Congrats!
Old 03-03-2014, 04:29 PM   #56
VydorScope
Wizard

Thanks!
Old 03-04-2014, 06:35 PM   #57
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Congratulations

Spoiler:

(I think you should go for one Ph.D., at least.)
Old 03-05-2014, 12:41 PM   #58
Pangolin
Pangolin
Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 2
Very many congrats, there's no feeling like handing in a finished grad thesis - and you sound like you had a LOT going on at the same time. Enjoy the buzz and good luck with the grade
Old 03-05-2014, 01:46 PM   #59
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
my goal is to sell a kindle ebook featuring a single haiku and building enough web accounts to give it high praise so sales can skyrocket

expect to hear from my small army here soon
Old 03-05-2014, 10:54 PM   #60
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namekuseijin View Post
my goal is to sell a kindle ebook featuring a single haiku and building enough web accounts to give it high praise so sales can skyrocket

expect to hear from my small army here soon
I'm still trying to work out if that's thinking too big or thinking too small ... and since I can't make up my mind, maybe it's just right.
Closed Thread