Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-03-2012, 04:26 AM   #31
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
And get x times more for their work.

But trully said, where are Amazon readers produced? I doubt it is US.

And also comparison has to be made localy not internationaly. Compare what practices are common and un-common within certain country or region. Otherwise I would have to hang myself on the 1st tree, as beeing the mass distant slaverman.

But, we are rather offtopic.....
Amazon readers are made in China, too. And I WAS making local comparisons. The factories working for the likes of Amazon have very good labor standards ($500+ and up per month working 40 hours a week) --- while the factories working for local brands like Onyx are much more "relaxed".
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:53 PM   #32
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
OK, I didn't know that. $500+ is pretty good, many people do not get much more even in Central Europe.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:30 PM   #33
chexmix
Zealot
chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014), Onyx Boox M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
You are kidding, right? You actually think that a local Chinese company follows better labor practices than Amazon demands from their suppliers?
No, I am not kidding, so no, not right. I'm fairly obvious when I'm kidding.

Have a look into the work environments in Amazon warehouses some time.

Of course, Amazon is working on replacing most of those workers with robots from Kiva Systems (a company which, like many others, has been assimilated into the Amazon Borg), so perhaps it doesn't matter: those people will be out of work soon.

In addition, Amazon puts local bookstores out of business. Which sucks. And there are plenty of other reasons for me to hate them. They're the online version of Wal-Mart, as far as I'm concerned.

None of that is kidding. Kthxbai.
chexmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #34
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
OK, I didn't know that. $500+ is pretty good, many people do not get much more even in Central Europe.
This is actually a two-edged sword. On the one hand the customers want to buy products possibly cheap and are always comparing whose offer is the lowest. On the other hand we have to be responsible for fair labor standards in countries, where the products are manufactured. I don't think, that Onyx has low labor standards, since they have quite high prices and we never pressed them to lower their prices radically. Actually, currently our wholeseller prices are close to retail prices of Pocketbook, who lets produce their devices by Foxconn ( the same factory, where Amazon lets produce its Kindle). But if you google Foxconn
you will find, that not everything is so clean with this factory.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #35
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Booxtor,
I understand it. That is why I wrote we (consumers) are in a way (indirect) slavermen.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #36
blueowl
blueowl began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Decided to join Boox M92 owners

I ordered my M92 from ereader-store.de yesterday, order #101883.
I hope it will arrive soon and I'll be satisfied with its PDF capabilities.

Thanks Booxtor for the shop and your support on the forum.
blueowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #37
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueowl View Post
I ordered my M92 from ereader-store.de yesterday, order #101883.
I hope it will arrive soon and I'll be satisfied with its PDF capabilities.

Thanks Booxtor for the shop and your support on the forum.
mokcrát děkuji
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote