Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #256
EricDP
Groupie
EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, BlackBerry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthV View Post
And is it possible to have the clock and battery charge icons up at the top while reading?
Did you ever learn any more about this? Having the clock on my nook classic is so convenient. I always read on my lunch break and need to be aware of the time. With the clock right on screen, it becomes almost unconscious that I'm just aware of the time, no doubt glancing at it every so often without even being aware. The other day I was reading a pbook and found it quite annoying to have to look at my watch--it really took me out of the reading experience.
EricDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:29 PM   #257
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricDP View Post
Did you ever learn any more about this? Having the clock on my nook classic is so convenient. I always read on my lunch break and need to be aware of the time. With the clock right on screen, it becomes almost unconscious that I'm just aware of the time, no doubt glancing at it every so often without even being aware. The other day I was reading a pbook and found it quite annoying to have to look at my watch--it really took me out of the reading experience.
You do know that you can tap the center of the screen to display time/status (even as you continue reading)? Then you can tap the right side (or page turn button) to continue to the next page. No watch required, though it sounds like even this might be distracting for you.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:59 PM   #258
NPK1
NPK1 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Touch
Icons

I know that I can display time and battery icons on the page I'm reading by tapping the center of the screen on the Nook Touch. What I don't want is the page having to refresh and adding the toolbar at the bottom in order to see the time. Hopefully this page is monitored by the elves that write to code for the Nooks. Would it be too much to include a few lines of code into the next update giving back the clock in the upper right as a default on the page being read.
I really enjoyed that on my first generation Nook, just sayin'.
NPK1 is offline   Reply With Quote