Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 08-25-2010, 08:06 AM   #1
hala_zzz
hala_zzz began at the beginning.

Device: none
Arabic EPUB on Adobe digital Edition

ADE dos not support right to left languages, in the beginning it was displaying Arabic letters as questions marks, but using CSS I succeed to display it as characters but unfortunately they are separated from each other, like this :"ع ر ب ي" and I want to fix this problem, any ideas?
hala_zzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:55 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread .... [I don't have an answer for you, but someone may]
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2010, 09:03 AM   #3
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by hala_zzz View Post
ADE dos not support right to left languages, in the beginning it was displaying Arabic letters as questions marks, but using CSS I succeed to display it as characters but unfortunately they are separated from each other, like this :"ع ر ب ي" and I want to fix this problem, any ideas?
Check out if FBReader (FBReader.org) does the job. The software is available for multiple platforms and the programmers are open for bug reports or suggestions.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:33 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hi hala_zzz, i've moved your thread to our workshop forum where you may get more answers to your question. good luck with your problem.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:17 PM   #5
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
You can use PDF. Then the letters will connect. That's what I use for my Arabic files.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 04:18 AM   #6
hala_zzz
hala_zzz began at the beginning.

Device: none
Sorry I can't understand you, my orginal file is already .pdf but in order to open it on ADE we should convert it to .epub and so the letters are separated
hala_zzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:45 AM   #7
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
At the risk of me seeming dense, if the original file is in PDF, why not use a pdf viewer ?

If you are determined to change format to epub, have you tried another viewer ?

Calibre, epubreader, lucidor, stanza desktop, ubook, zulureader ?

[I'm assuming you are reading these on a PC/Mac as you do not have a device indicated in your profile]
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:22 PM   #8
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Quote:
Sorry I can't understand you, my orginal file is already .pdf but in order to open it on ADE we should convert it to .epub and so the letters are separated
If the goal is to use ADE, it supports both PDF and ePubs, so no conversion needs (or should be done).
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:29 AM   #9
Hedaya
Connoisseur
Hedaya began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 612
@hala_zzz, how'd you get it to do that? I'm still at the ???? stage. And where is this workshop forum? The reason for wanting to view it in epub form, is b/c in PDF it pulls up the full page, which you can't zoom in or anything, so the characters come up way too small to be readible.
Hedaya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arabic, epub