Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #1
Illyria
Connoisseur
Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK, K5, K7, KPW3
Trouble with downloading purchased book

I just bought a DRM-free epub book from Kobo and as usual wanted to download it to my PC and add it to Calibre. But instead of the usual epub file I got a zip folder filled with numerous files, most of them html. What to do? Hope you can help.
Illyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #2
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyria View Post
I just bought a DRM-free epub book from Kobo and as usual wanted to download it to my PC and add it to Calibre. But instead of the usual epub file I got a zip folder filled with numerous files, most of them html. What to do? Hope you can help.
Calibre can access a zip file. Sounds like Windows renamed the ext to zip.. it does this for my ipsw (iphone software files) so you may just need to copy it and rename the .zip to epub. Just google changing a file extension windows and follow the instructions.

Good luck

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2013, 04:53 PM   #3
BookBunny
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏'\(⊙ ヮ⊙ )
BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Glo™
An epub is pretty much just a renamed zip file. If you can see your file extensions, just rename .zip to .epub. If you can't, enable them via organize - folder and search options - view - uncheck "hide extensions for known file types".
BookBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #4
Illyria
Connoisseur
Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK, K5, K7, KPW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Calibre can access a zip file. Sounds like Windows renamed the ext to zip.. it does this for my ipsw (iphone software files) so you may just need to copy it and rename the .zip to epub. Just google changing a file extension windows and follow the instructions.

Good luck

jack
Great, it worked! Wow, that was easy. Simply re-naming the entire zip folder as epub would have probably never occurred to me. Thanks for your help!
Illyria is offline   Reply With Quote