Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-23-2011, 03:38 PM   #1
fleapower
fleapower began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Kobo Touch and text links

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere else in the forum, but apparently I am using incorrect search terms. I know the Kobo does not support text links within books to navigate to other portions of the book (e.g. a reference book with links to other sections of the same book). However, does the Kobo Touch have this feature?

Thanks.
fleapower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 04:28 PM   #2
joshmosh
Enthusiast
joshmosh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
The Kobo Touch does have this function, but the links actually functioning every time instead of turning a page or activating the menu is hit and miss for some people, including myself. The developers have acknowledged they are looking to improve this functionality in some way.
joshmosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2011, 12:55 AM   #3
Yeroc
Yeroc began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I just got a Kobo Touch and find the link functionality very frustrating. Any tips on getting this to work? Where did you see confirmation that the Kobo developers are working on this?

Thanks,
Corey
Yeroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:00 AM   #4
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
The feature works fine with books directly from Kobo. It's with non-Kobo epubs that it's unreliable for.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote