Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 01-25-2011, 06:57 PM   #1
canezila
Edge User

A cool home screen that finally utilizes the eDGe ... if you like that kind of stuff.

This apk is very cool. There are sooo many user submitted themes. It is also extremely customizable. But you can easily spend hours on it... and some of the customizing is very hard due to clutter (you will see what I mean when you edit themes...) But I am working on making a functional theme for our device. If I get something worthwhile, I will post it also.

http://www.sweeterhome.com/attachmen..._donut-925.apk

http://www.sweeterhome.com/

It also syncs your design on a server in-case you have to reinstall?? Or maybe to track you? lol

Old 01-25-2011, 07:20 PM   #2
borisb
Edge User

Looked kind of interesting, but seems a bit buggy (or at least extremely slow). I tend to get an empty black home screen although the first theme I tried did eventually show up (I did do a reboot after installing, and set Sweeter Home as the default Hom eaction). It doesn't transfer your existing widgets, and given the large number of widgets I like to use, that's a bummer. I ended up uninstalling it - it was just too slow.

Advert
Old 01-25-2011, 07:28 PM   #3
canezila
Edge User

Yeah... very true. I noticed some themes were slower than others. And yes, sometimes there is a black screen. It certainly is not made for speed at its current state.

But once I finish my theme, it should have everything laid out just like I want it.

I have found out how to use any widget on my device... it just took some hunting. None of the widgets work by default as you mentioned. It says something about legal matters.. . just means you have to spend more time setting it up. Like I said in the beginning, if you like tweaking and do not mind spending a lot of time, it might be worth it! lol Most probably are ok with simpler methods...