Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 11:20 PM   #1
Rurik
Book Author
Rurik began at the beginning.

Device: NOOKColor x 2
Calibre fails on many CBZ/CBR conversions

Tried on Calibre 0.7.37 and 0.7.38.

Plain install with no changes but to set the profile for a Nook Color and to disable Black and White processing during conversion (just bought my Nook today). The first CBR I did worked perfect, but the rest are all failing at the first page.

The job screen shows:"Converting input to HTML...". After about 1m30s it changes to:
"Failed c:\users\<user>\appdata\local\temp\calibre_0.7.38_ tmp_ugybww\calibre_0.7.38_l6jruq_comic_extract\001 .jpgTraceback (most recent call last):"

I stop the job, and it changes to 100%. However, it orphans a calibre-parallel.exe job that stays running, chugging at 75-80% CPU and 130MB, until I manually close it. Trying the conversion multiple times makes multiple orphan jobs that bog the system down.

The files all appear to be normal. They're viewable locally and contain nothing but JPEG files in a standard RAR. I even re-did them into a ZIP and imported it as a CBZ but with the same result.

I ran Calibre in debug mode and it produced the attached log.

Any ideas?
Attached Files
File Type: txt tmpa7mrit.txt (3.7 KB, 237 views)
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:23 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
disable your antivirus
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 11:33 PM   #3
Rurik
Book Author

Truth be told, I actually don't have a/v running on this system.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:10 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

attach one of these failing comics.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:12 PM   #5
Rurik
Book Author

They're each about 25MB, so unable to attach. I uploaded one to my Dropbox though:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16249938/Fin...C%20Comics.cbz

In a bit more testing, here's what I've found:

Each file is a CBR with dozens of JPGs under that folder. I extracted it out and created it as a CBZ and tested that, and it also failed.

I then just zipped up the JPGs themselves, without the parent folder, and made that into a CBZ. That worked for one of the comics, but failed for the next few.

I tried a conversion through ComicToEpub, and then brought that output into Calibre, which works.
Advert
Old 01-08-2011, 12:15 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

works for me on linux, probably a windows path issue. I'll take a look at it when I'm working in windows next, please open a ticket so I don't forget.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:25 PM   #7
Rurik
Book Author

I believe you're right. I just tried the conversion on OSX and it worked. For now I'll just use that machine and I'll open a ticket.