Old 04-05-2010, 12:19 PM   #46
mccpcc
mccpcc began at the beginning.

Device: je100
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambi View Post
Hi gabriel2503,
Welcome to Mobileread!
It looks like your JE100 was trying to do an OS upgrade. Try taking the microSD card out and boot again. If it boot OK, then look inside your microSD (using a card reader & PC), if you see any of the following files, namely NK.bin, eBoot.bin and StepLDR.bin, delete(or move) all of them from the card. After that reboot the JE100 again with the microSD inside the slot.

If it doesn't boot while the microSD was taken out, it means that your OS has been damaged. You got to re-flash the OS. To do this you got to have those 3 files(NK.bin, eBoot.bin, StepLDR.bin) and one directory (gpsap) on your microSD card and boot the JE100 with the card was in the slot. The microSD card should be a 1GB one, not all 2GB microSD could be used. It will take about 20-30 minutes for the whole process to complete.

Hope this help....
Hi Bambi,

My Je100 cannot operate and the display show the message " fatal error
of the file gpsap.exe. It seems I need to reflash the OS again. At present
I only back up the folder gpsap and lack these 3 files 3 files(NK.bin, eBoot.bin, StepLDR.bin). Would you please offer similar assistance to
activate my je 100 again.
Thank You.
mccpcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:05 PM   #47
bambi
Enthusiast
bambi began at the beginning.

Device: HX4700 Je100 EkenM003 WPDN NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccpcc View Post
Hi Bambi,

My Je100 cannot operate and the display show the message " fatal error
of the file gpsap.exe. It seems I need to reflash the OS again. At present
I only back up the folder gpsap and lack these 3 files 3 files(NK.bin, eBoot.bin, StepLDR.bin). Would you please offer similar assistance to
activate my je 100 again.
Thank You.
Yep, I agree that you should reflash your je100.
You can get the whole new firmware (and also the instructions on how to reflash you faulty JE100) from HERE
When I did my reflashing I found that I have to use a 1gb microSD card. All of my 2gb cards just did not work (I got 3 different brands of 2gb cards lying around), but some had claimed that 2 gb cards do work.
bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2010, 09:32 PM   #48
bambi
Enthusiast
bambi began at the beginning.

Device: HX4700 Je100 EkenM003 WPDN NookColor
How to make your JE100 boot straight into WindowsCE

I think many JE100 users, for whatever reasons, want to bypass the original shell of JoinTech and make their JE100 go straight into the standard WindowsCE shell. This is how to do it (I post the following in another thread, I copy it here to save me some typing!) :

The original JoinTech start up shell of the JE100 is \windows\startup_console.exe
I made my JE100 to start directly into WindowsCE by changing the registry.
Using a freeware PHPregedit, http://www.pocketpcfreeware.com/en/index.php?soft=31 , looking for a registry key \HKLM\init\Launch50\startup_console.exe and replace it with \HKLM\init\Launch50\exploler.exe then reboot.

Be very careful when playing with the registry though. I would do a registry backup first and try to make a registry restore(at lease) one time before doing anything more daring. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:14 PM   #49
mccpcc
mccpcc began at the beginning.

Device: je100
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambi View Post
Yep, I agree that you should reflash your je100.
You can get the whole new firmware (and also the instructions on how to reflash you faulty JE100) from HERE
When I did my reflashing I found that I have to use a 1gb microSD card. All of my 2gb cards just did not work (I got 3 different brands of 2gb cards lying around), but some had claimed that 2 gb cards do work.
Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Now my Je 100 has resumed
to normal.
mccpcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:51 PM   #50
gabriel2503
gabriel2503 began at the beginning.

Device: je-100
i have a problem with je -100. i have a issue in conecing the wifi device to my wifi router.when i conect the wifi with the reader a blue light shows on the wifi device.then a msg is coming on screen where is showint the conections .i conect with my router ,give the pass he conects,then show the signal strenght VERY GOOD, and when i open the expolre page ERROR . the curios is that when i conect the reader with the PC thru the data cable the internet on the erader works perfectly. can u halp me pls? i mailed several times to join tech and they do not sent me no answer yet.so .plssssss please help me . GABRIEL2503@YAHOO.COM .

THANKS
gabriel2503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2010, 10:04 PM   #51
ondabeach
Groupie
ondabeach doesn't litterondabeach doesn't litter

Device: HTC touch Diamond, Ipaq 3115
Hi gabriel2503,

The guys at joinTech are a bit shorthanded at the moment because they are at a trade fair in Hong Kong.

What error are you getting in internet explorer?
ondabeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:29 PM   #52
gabriel2503
gabriel2503 began at the beginning.

Device: je-100
hy there

the page cannot be displayed. the wierd thing is sthat when i conect the ereader with my pc i can open the explore page of the ereader
gabriel2503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:49 PM   #53
ondabeach
Groupie
ondabeach doesn't litterondabeach doesn't litter

Device: HTC touch Diamond, Ipaq 3115
That is very strange, have you tried turning the device off by holding down the on/off button for 3 seconds?
ondabeach is offline   Reply With Quote