Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Portable Audio/Video

Notices

Old 09-23-2004, 07:06 PM   #16
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
True, a hardware defect can have a minimal impact on a product (and even be an opportunity to increase a company's reputation) as long as the company deals with the situation in a timely and professional manner. If a customer sees that they are treated as a worthy customer and the company is serious about releasing and supporting a quality product, issues like this can be resolved quickly and relatively painlessly...

Not in this case, it would seem...

Craig.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:19 PM   #17
podgeandrodge
podgeandrodge began at the beginning.

av420

Hi guys, just purchased the av420 and the same problem with the patch occuring. also, flickering lines occasionally on video which seem to occur when the hard drive audibly clicks when accessing data. any more info on the subject please let me know.
Advert
Old 11-25-2004, 11:13 PM   #18
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
podgeandrodge,

It is definitely not an independant case. Did you contact Archos about that problem? It seems from what I've heard they are supportive enough to replace your unit.
Old 11-28-2004, 01:59 PM   #19
podgeandrodge
podgeandrodge began at the beginning.

av420

Well I purchased from Amazon.co.uk (I'm in Ireland) and when I rang them they said they had had no complaints about the Archos. But I'm returning the item for a refund as there seems to be similar complaints on other bulletin boards. Hope it's just a bad batch and I can wait for awhile..sob sob!
Old 01-08-2005, 04:20 PM   #20
wovet
wovet began at the beginning.

Device: Archos AV420
Archos AV420 Screen Defect

Hi Guys,
Just thought I would chip in with my AV420 story. I bought mine in October and discovered the same screen defect. I returned it and Archos replaced the screen. It took a month but it was done. I have now had it back for a month and have encountered the following seemingly unrelated problem.
A few days ago I updated its software to 1.8.00 and was playing music through the cradle and it was fine. I switched it off and now cannot get it to switch on again. I can only keep it running if I connect it to my pc via the usb cable. The battery indicator shows the battery as fully charged but as soon as I disconnect it from my pc, it updates the files thn shuts down.
I would be grateful for any suggestions or feed back.
Advert