Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-21-2009, 06:56 PM   #16
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
A while back I mentioned that with the Kindle you are buying a relationship with the Amazon company. Some expressed skepticism toward my point of view, but this is the sort of thing I was thinking of.

I always think that it's foolish to be unprepared, to think that nothing can ever go wrong. With the Kindle, you are relying upon Amazon to not lose your books.

rumbarrel, I'm happy for you that your wife has been content with the Kindle experience until now, and I hope that the problem is quickly resolved and that your wife gets all of her purchases reinstated promptly. But it's still early in the eBook reader game, so one way or the other I guess that you have learned a lesson before it's too late.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:07 PM   #17
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
A while back I mentioned that with the Kindle you are buying a relationship with the Amazon company. Some expressed skepticism toward my point of view, but this is the sort of thing I was thinking of.

I always think that it's foolish to be unprepared, to think that nothing can ever go wrong. With the Kindle, you are relying upon Amazon to not lose your books.
Any ebook retailer one purchases books from who keeps copies for you on their servers (Fictionwise, B&N, etc) could lose information on your purchased books. No matter who buy from, back them up yourself.

Last edited by daffy4u; 12-25-2009 at 11:28 AM. Reason: left out the word "lose"
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2009, 11:26 AM   #18
rumbarrel
rumbarrel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
!! PROBLEM SOLVED !! YAHOOOOOOOO :)

OK...we fixed (wasnt actually broken) the problem.

Apparently, SOMEHOW (???), My wife or myself had multiple accounts set up under the SAME email addy with DIFFERENT passwords.......not quite sure how this happened. (Most sites won't allow multiple acct creations under the same address)

the password for both accounts were similar, but slightly different.

Once I signed into her acct with the proper password, all our past purchases and downloads were there!!

Thank you all for your help and may all of you have a wonderful Christmas.
rumbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:38 PM   #19
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Thanks for the update, and letting us know it wasn't an Amazon error.

Glad you got the problem sorted out.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote