Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-18-2011, 02:13 PM   #1
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Problem - Sony 650 send to device

I apologize if I'm missing something obvious, or if this is something other people have encountered, and the question has been answered:

I just received my wife's new 650, and am trying to get it set up with her reading list. I cannot find a way to send epub books to the 650. Under "send to device" I have options for lrf, lrx, rtf, etc. but no option for epub.

If I download an epub book from the Sony Library, it loads just fine to the device. I can't figure out why I can't send epub books to my wife's 650.

Thanks for any help.

Update: I must be missing something simple. I can't send epub to my 500 either (and it is the firmware updated one that can use epubs).

Last edited by junkml; 01-18-2011 at 02:39 PM.
junkml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:14 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Have you checked the setting on the Sony Device Driver under Preferences->Plugins->Device Interface plugins. You need to make sure that epub is enabled there.

And just to check the obvious - I assume you have epub files to send?

Another thought - if you have epub files and they are DRM encumbered I am not sure if that restricts which Sony devices the files can be sent to? At the very least I would expect them to have to be registered to the same account.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 03:37 PM   #3
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the help. But no joy.

I've got epub files. I can convert from other formats to epub. I can use the DRM encumbered files from Sony.

I can do a "save to disk" and save it to the internal memory of the 650, and that gets them on the reader just fine. Unfortunately, Calibre doesn't recognize the books as being on the reader.

I'm kind of stumped as to why I don't have an option to send epub to my device.

I may try uninstalling and reinstalling Calibre to see if that has any effect.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:48 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
For calibre to see books on a Sony, they must be stored in the folder (or a subfolder of) database/media/books on the device.

Please check your device settings again. They are in preferences -> plugins -> device plugins -> Sony. You should see something like attachment 1, except that your comma-separated list of items to turn into collections will likely be series, tags. Note "epub", and note that there is a check next to it. Do you have that?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment_1.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	65061  
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:55 PM   #5
junkml
Addict

Woohoo! I knew it was going to be something stupidly simple that I missed.

Everything is working perfectly, and my wife is going to be thrilled to have her new reader with all her books on it when she gets home tonight!

Thank you!
Advert