Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #1
doncaruana
doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Nexus 7, Asus TF700
Anyone know what happened to Moon+ Reader?

It's disappeared from the Google play store rather suddenly. I tried emailing the developer but got nothing. Anyone know if this is permanent or just some weird glitch?

Any suggestions on the "next best thing"?
doncaruana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by doncaruana View Post
It's disappeared from the Google play store rather suddenly. I tried emailing the developer but got nothing. Anyone know if this is permanent or just some weird glitch?

Any suggestions on the "next best thing"?
Aldiko is supposed to be good.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
GeneS
eBook Enthusiast
GeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-350, Astak PocketPro, iPhone, Asus eee Pad Transformer
As of a few minutes ago, it is still listed for download on Amazon.com.
GeneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:49 PM   #4
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Evo LTE
Really strange...........you made me check my phone and tablets.

I had the free Moon + and upgraded to the Pro version in November. Bought from GooglePlay store. I checked my apps list in the Play store on my phone and tablet, and it's not in my list of apps at all. It is on the installed apps under settings and I know it's installed since I use it every day. Seems like it updated a while back, but I don't remember when. Just really strange that it's not in the Play store list of installed apps.

I searched the Amazon appstore on my tablet, and it does show the Pro version available for $4.69.

EDIT: When I go to the About / Rate It in Moon+ app, it goes to the Playstore and then says "Item Not Found".

Last edited by NoName; 02-01-2013 at 09:57 PM.
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:04 PM   #5
1katie23
Enthusiast
1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Nook Color running CM7, Galaxy Note II
I posted about this earlier today in the Moon+ syncing thread. I have Moon+ installed on my Galaxy Note 10.1 and saw the new syncing features and decided that I would install on all of my devices. Went to the play store last night and I couldn't find it. The only app you can find is Moon+PDF reader plug in. I double checked on my Note 10.1 and under all apps, it's missing. Amazon has the pro for $4.69. I also emailed the developer and have received nothing so far. I considered buying the app last night before I noticed it missing, but not now. That's a little too much money for something that might disappear altogether.

Very strange indeed.
1katie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:50 PM   #6
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1katie23 View Post
I posted about this earlier today in the Moon+ syncing thread. I have Moon+ installed on my Galaxy Note 10.1 and saw the new syncing features and decided that I would install on all of my devices. Went to the play store last night and I couldn't find it. The only app you can find is Moon+PDF reader plug in. I double checked on my Note 10.1 and under all apps, it's missing. Amazon has the pro for $4.69. I also emailed the developer and have received nothing so far. I considered buying the app last night before I noticed it missing, but not now. That's a little too much money for something that might disappear altogether.

Very strange indeed.

If you have an app that will backup apps (I use Astro File Manager) backup Moon+ on the device you do have it installed on. Then use the .apk to install on other devices.

Think Gemini App Manager or App Backup & Restore also would backup the .apk.

In settings you would need to check to accept from unknown sources. Or whatever it's called. Can't remember and forget where it is in Settings. Sorry.

EDIT: It's in Settings / Security / Check Unknown Sources - Allow installation of non-Market apps.

Last edited by NoName; 02-01-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #7
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
http://www.moondownload.com/
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #8
NoName
Zealot

I got an email back............here's part of it................

Hi, a nasty thing happened, Moon+ Reader and Moon+ Reader Pro have been removed from Google Play because a request email from a Russia company "litres.ru" to Google Play team, Google didn't make any investigation and confirmation, they just removed my reader from the Play directly.

The last message I got from litres is "I will use my personal contacts in Google to speed up the recovery process, but now the speed of recovery process depends only on Google (unfortunately it's Friday now).", another very bad message is a comment from another user "Google will return your program to the market in about a month after recieving their letter. That's the procedure."

-

So It'll be appreciated if you could help to accuse this thing or contact google if possible, for someone who may be helpful to speed up the recovery of my application.

-

To download the latest version v1.9.0 of my reader, please visit www.moondownload.com, I post the email content to the web site too.

Thank you!

Regards

Seany
Old 02-02-2013, 12:00 AM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
From the Moon+ Reader site:

Quote:

NOTE: A nasty thing happened, Moon+ Reader and Moon+ Reader Pro have been removed from Google Play because a request email from a Russia company "litres.ru" to Google Play team, Google didn't make any investigation and confirmation, they just removed my reader from the Play directly.

The only reason from litres.ru is, after several steps, a user can download books from my reader, they own the copyright of some books. (the orginal text in Russian: Электронные книги популярных авторов. Например, книги Дарьи Донцовой. Также доступно приложение, в котором по умолчанию встроены пиратские сайты. Бесплатные книги доступны в два клика. )

My opinions:

1. the reader can access OPDS web sites just like that a web browser can access html web sites with standard protocol, if they think any book site has problem, they should contact the web server provider to stop the services, a web browser can't know if a web site is illegal.

2. if they think there is a url link in my reader that a user can access a book site which they think it has problem, they can contact me to remove the link, like remove dynamic links from a web browser, all the additional opds URLs in the reader are provided by our warm-heart users, the reader hasn't any book site servies by itself, it only works like a web browser.

-

The litres has its own reader app in Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...litres.android, it's an unfair play.

I still get no reply from Google, the last message I got from litres is "I will use my personal contacts in Google to speed up the recovery process, but now the speed of recovery process depends only on Google (unfortunately it's Friday now).", another very bad message is a comment from another user "Google will return your program to the market in about a month after recieving their letter. That's the procedure."

-

I'm a weak personal developer, I devote myself to this project for years; I and my family live on the revenue from the reader only, here I thank so many warm-heart users, you help me to improve the product, it gets 5,000,000-10,000,000 downloads in Google Play today, and has up to 40 locale languages support, I'm proud for you.

It'll be appreciated if anyone could help me, for anything related to this matter, accuse this type of thing, or contact google for someone who may be helpful to speed up the recovery of my application.

Regards
Seany
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:17 AM   #10
mirage
Zealot
mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: OnePlus 6 phone, Kobo Clara HD, Libra H2O
No way of knowing the full story, but this is most unfortunate for Moon+ Reader's developer. If Google really did take him down without investigation, he has good reason to be upset.

He's posting new free and paid versions on his site. But if you buy on his site, Google Play updates won't work when he's back up again. He says he'd refund your PayPal payment when you're able to buy again on Google Play, a hassle for all involved.

Too bad. I hope this reader's back up again soon. I prefer it to the others I've tried.
mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #11
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Good thing I bought it a few days ago, when I still could!!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:36 AM   #12
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Good thing I bought it a few days ago, when I still could!!
You can still buy it today via AndroidPit, Amazon Apps or Moon+ Reader site's front page. Hopefully once Google realizes their error it will be back on Play later this week.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #13
zarquon
zarquon began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I've been using the free version for a while, and decided to upgrade to the Pro version, only to discover this unfortunate situation. Considered getting it from the Amazon appstore, but their version isn't current. If it takes as long as some speculate it might for Google to reinstate it, I'll buy it directly from the developer.
zarquon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:07 AM   #14
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Not sure if this is the same in all stores

Moon+ is back in the UK store and is on offer for 50% off for this month for the pro version
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:17 AM   #15
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Great news. The guy, if anything, should be given a medal for promoting electronic literature thorough creating such fine e-reader software, instead of being persecuted like this.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote