Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-06-2009, 10:14 AM   #1
Sheikspeare
Groupie
Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PR-505 / Kindle DX
Not ONLY folders!

Clearly the Kindle needs a decent folder system, or as suggested in another related thread a more efficient cataloguing system whereby duplicate entries can be entered and accessed.

BUT, we also need better internal PDF navigation. I mean, it's already a chore finding the book you want (in some cases among 2000 entries!). But once you've found your book, you then have the added chore of gettiing to the right page.

As Sony users will know, the PR-505 and others handle document navigation very well. It instantly recognises PDF bookmarks, something the Kindle can't do.

So let's hope Amazon comes up with a solution that addresses both. Because in a sense, they're related.
Sheikspeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:33 AM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I know with some of the author anthologies, navigating through the books is impossible. I'm not sure if that is a formatting issue or not. I now have a few downloaded that I hesitate to read due to the difficulty of choosing the book I want
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2009, 04:39 PM   #3
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
I've played with the Sony PDF rendering, it's far better than the Kindles at the moment. But I have no doubt the guys in the Kindle labs have a massive todo list and probably spend a fair amount of time checking what the competitors are doing.

Just to make sure they realise this is something we want, it might be worth sending Amazon a quick email (or is there a suggestions forum?).
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote