Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-02-2011, 03:49 AM   #1
Susan Crealock
Online Novels
Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple iTouch
Free science fiction thriller from Phoenix Pick - The Multiplex Man

Phoenix Pick's Ebook of the month: The Multiplex Man by James P. Hogan and free with registration and coupon code 99922991. Scroll down in their site until you reach this book, identified as "FREE EBOOK of the Month."

Description: Winner of the Prometheus Award for Best Novel

Who is Richard Jarrow?

Is he the unassuming, mild-mannered teacher he thinks himself to be or something much more?

And how does the brilliant scientist named Ashling fit into the picture?

The Multiplex Man (winner of The Prometheus Award) is an intriguing thriller set in a future where every aspect of life on Earth is micromanaged by authorities who consider any deviation from the prescribed path as dangerous.

Off-world colonies are considered dangerous enemies threatening to take Earth’s precious resources .

Jarrow must find Ashling, who holds the key not only to Jarrow’s own identity but to freedom itself.
Susan Crealock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:05 AM   #2
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
As Phoenix Pick's formatting is a bit on the iffy side normally (at least for epubs) if you want this I'd get it from Baen (in the free library since 2006)
http://www.webscription.net/p-289-th...iplex-man.aspx
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2011, 12:18 PM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I was just going to mention that it's always free at Baen myself. lol.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:38 PM   #4
Shahid
Phoenix Pick Publishers
Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.

Device: none
Hi there. I'm Shahid with Phoenix Pick. I hadn't realized that Baen was offering it free...I know they have rights to distribute the digital edition from their site which were given way back.

Oh well....

If any of you is willing to help us out a bit, would like feedback on what is wrong with our epub editions (Mike above mentioned it). We would like to improve the quality, and feedback from our readers is the best source. You may leave your comments here, or email me at shahid@arcmanor.com

Thanks,

Shahid
Arc Manor/Phoenix Pick.
Shahid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:01 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
If any of you is willing to help us out a bit, would like feedback on what is wrong with our epub editions (Mike above mentioned it). We would like to improve the quality, and feedback from our readers is the best source. You may leave your comments here, or email me at shahid@arcmanor.com
The epub for this one contains one giant html file... and that's it. It has no css file to easily alter the appearance, and the html isn't split into manageable chunks. All of the various attributes such as spacing, height, indents, and such are hard-coded into the html file.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #6
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB1972 View Post
As Phoenix Pick's formatting is a bit on the iffy side normally (at least for epubs) if you want this I'd get it from Baen (in the free library since 2006)
Ahh, that's where I got it from. I downloaded it from Phoenix and went to add it to Calibre and was surprised to find that I already had it.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:00 AM   #7
terraceinfo
terraceinfo began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB1972 View Post
if you want this I'd get it from Baen (in the free library since 2006)
I'd seen the Baen file, but after several tries with the Mobi/Kindle-format file from the Baen site, I'd given up because my Kindle kept crashing every time I loaded it. Fortunately the Phoenix Pick version works just fine!
terraceinfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:04 PM   #8
Shahid
Phoenix Pick Publishers
Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.

Thank you for the feedback. I'm looking at getting some extra resources to try to make the formats better. Just a matter of juggling costs and priorities...

Shahid
Shahid is offline   Reply With Quote