Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-26-2013, 06:56 AM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Spud
Have you tried to setup your video levels? (contrast/brightness...), you ratios may be slightly out of wack.

Many card makers have a Alignment section in their utilities.
Grey scale bars, Color scale bars
You adjust the monitor and or card color balance till you can see all the bars.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #17
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
i recall a while back there was a redesign of calibre icons + an option to keep old version or go with the new, more rounded ones, I wonder if that also affected the shading levels - because on my PC I see that the alternate row shading is the same as background colour for icons & other parts of main window. the row shading also matches the lighter background shading on this forum web page ( the main shade behind text of each post ) so is almost certainly a windows colour choice

preferences - look & feel - user interface style- calibre style or system default.

I am using calibre style

Last edited by cybmole; 01-26-2013 at 08:08 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:50 AM   #18
spud357c
Enthusiast
spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo Glo and Nook Color
Color etc. on my monitor is set by a Huey Color Pro and there is a screen to check settings and I can see all the bars and shades that should be there.

I also tried both Calibre and default settings under look and feel but no chnage - guess this is something I am going to have to learn to live with.

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions.
spud357c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #19
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

do you see shading on this forum , with aero themes enabled?
Old 01-26-2013, 09:53 AM   #20
spud357c
Enthusiast
spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.

Hi Cybmole, yes I have shading on this forum with aero themes enabled.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #21
cybmole
Wizard

well that's me stumped, sorry -(

with calibre64 open I cycled though lots of aero, non aero, basic etc themes available in control panel & I observed absolutely no changes to the book list pane in calibre. I see the same faint alternate row shading in all cases, matching the shading here on this forum
Old 01-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #22
spud357c
Enthusiast

that's the shading I used to have on my Windows XP box - faint but obvious and seemed to make it a lot easier to follow books in the library

Guess it's something I have to live with (or go back to my old PC..LOL)
Old 01-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #23
cybmole
Wizard

it will be solvable - eventually -

a complete remove + reinstall may be worth a try.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:41 PM   #24
spud357c
Enthusiast

I tried installing the 32 bit version to see if that would make a difference but it didn't have any shading in the rows either.
I'm sure it has something to do with Windows 7 but can't put my finger on what it is.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #25
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
it will be solvable - eventually -

a complete remove + reinstall may be worth a try.
It's probably just as easy to delete the calibre preferences; remember that a remove / reinstall we could actually have left those in place.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:43 PM   #26
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I wonder if the UI Font choice could be causing this?
Preferences: Look and Feel: Interface font
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #27
spud357c
Enthusiast

Good thought, but just tried 5 different fonts and still no shading...it's really quite puzzling.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:23 AM   #28
spud357c
Enthusiast

Just an update to let everyone know I found the problem and fixed it.
I had been messing around with a game and changed the gama setting in it. For some reason when adjusting the monitor settings with the Huey it seemed to ignore the gama setting but when using any program such as Calibre the game adjustment kicked in.
I removed the gama setting and everything is as it should be.