Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-16-2010, 01:31 AM   #1
superpig10000
superpig10000 began at the beginning.

Device: none
So...how do I get a Kobo if I live in the States?

Any idea? I'll be leaving the US for 9 months just a few days before the Kobo comes out here in the States. Would love to have something to accompany me on the road since books are hard to find/lugged around.
superpig10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:34 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Pretty sure some members have gotten them shipped from Chapters in Canada...
http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/ereadi...0033-item.html
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2010, 02:23 AM   #3
superpig10000
superpig10000 began at the beginning.

Device: none
It does not seem to let me ship to an U.S. address :/ I guess I'm stuck?
superpig10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:27 AM   #4
Spiffy
Groupie
Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro AND Sony PRS-505
Think its that, or having it shipped wherever you are going, FROM the U.S. or Canada.
Spiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:33 AM   #5
anidel
Zealot
anidel doesn't litteranidel doesn't litter

Device: Kobo,Nokia N900
I guess you're not close to the Canada border to cross it and get a Kobo yourself, aren't you?

In that case don't think there's much you can do unless you've got time to trust some Canadian and have it shipped to their place first and then to yours
anidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2010, 03:27 AM   #6
MDK
Kobo Developer
MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura, Glo, Mini
If you are not in rush wait for the Borders launch.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/10/b...ips-june-17th/
MDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:01 AM   #7
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDK View Post
If you are not in rush wait for the Borders launch.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/10/b...ips-june-17th/
Even if you are in a rush, waiting for the Borders launch will probably give you the version 1.1 firmware, and you will avoid the worst of the annoying bugs you can read about in the Kobo forum.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:16 AM   #8
ttluisa
Enthusiast
ttluisa began at the beginning.

Device: kobo, kindle 3
I pre-ordered mine a week before official release and got it shipped to the US, but soon after the release I heard many people complain that chapters indigo stopped shipping internationally(including the US). I guess it's better to wait for border's release now.
ttluisa is offline   Reply With Quote