Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-09-2015, 05:22 AM   #1
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
WordWise on non-Amazon books

Is anyone working getting this working? There are a lot of clever people on here would got Xray working and covers for emailed KF8 files, etc.

Is it even possible?
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 01:51 PM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
Is anyone working getting this working? There are a lot of clever people on here would got Xray working and covers for emailed KF8 files, etc.
AFAIK, if you buy a Word Wise enabled Amazon book, Amazon will generate a special Word Wise .kll sqlite file and transfer it to the .sdr sidecar folder of the book. This .kll file is apparently used in conjunction with another sqlite database (kll.en.en.klld) to generate Word Wise definitions on the fly.
Since the exact mechanism is unknown and the definitions in the definition database are obfuscated it's not very likely that anybody will be able to reverse-engineer this feature.
However, it would be theoretically possible to hard-code Word Wise style definitions by re-purposing HTML code usually used for Japanese and Chinese content.
For more information see this post.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2015, 03:18 PM   #3
frenshprince
Connoisseur
frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW3, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo HD
There is a lot of kindle features only available with amazon contents.
Like freetime, facebook highlights, wordwise....

Hope someone will find a way to use it with sideloaded contents.
frenshprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:12 AM   #4
siddharthtd
siddharthtd began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 6th Generation
Hii, I have tried to enable wordwise on sideloaded ebooks before but wasn't successful. Yesterday, I copied the entire contents of the .sdr folder including the .kll file from the original amazon ebook and the .klx file that was outside the folder with the same name from the kindle with wordwise enabled. Then I put all the three parts (The ebook itself (.azw3), the folder (.sdr) and the file with the same name as the ebook (.klx)) into the 'documents' folder on my kindle, and Puff..!! Wordwise enabled, without buying wordwise enabled ebook, sideloaded onto the kindle paperwhite.
siddharthtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 04:16 PM   #5
snowcat168
snowcat168 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Hi, Can you describe this process in more detail?
Don't understand what you described...
Does your action works on all non-Amazon books?

I found the wordwise feature is enabled on some sideloaded books(.mobi) automatically, but I don't know why.
I think maybe the wordwise feature is triggered by some metadata in the file.
Therefore I tried to add ASIN to other sideloaded books, but this didn't work.
Really wish this feature can be enabled for all non-Amazon books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthtd View Post
Hii, I have tried to enable wordwise on sideloaded ebooks before but wasn't successful. Yesterday, I copied the entire contents of the .sdr folder including the .kll file from the original amazon ebook and the .klx file that was outside the folder with the same name from the kindle with wordwise enabled. Then I put all the three parts (The ebook itself (.azw3), the folder (.sdr) and the file with the same name as the ebook (.klx)) into the 'documents' folder on my kindle, and Puff..!! Wordwise enabled, without buying wordwise enabled ebook, sideloaded onto the kindle paperwhite.
snowcat168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert