Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #1
gmonacelli
gmonacelli began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Point Calibre and Kindle for Mac to same content library

Since you can tell Kindle For Mac what Content Library to use, I was wondering if I could just point it to my Calibre Library? Is there any problem in doing this? It would elinminate the need to export the .mobi files to the Kindle Content Library thereby creating two copies of the books in the Calibre Library.

Thoughts?
gmonacelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The Kindle app can't cope with directories and subdirectories in its Content Library like calibre does. Even if it could... it wouldn't be a good idea to have two different apps fighting for control of the same content.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Adding to DiapDealer

You can't create a Library (it needs to make metadata.db among other things) in a non-empty folder.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote