Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
excalibra
excalibra began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Font size selection during conversion by Calibre for Kindle 3

I generally use word 2003 to edit my ebooks before converting to mobi by Calibre and while editing in word, I select normal text size as 12 pts in times new roman font, while heading 2 as 14 pts and heading 1 as 16 pts, then convert to filtered html and finally convert this html to mobi in Calibre. I noticed that while reading the ebook on Kindle, text size of the mobi is still a bit small when selecting 3rd AA font size option in Kindle 3 but too big when I select the 4th AA. First and second AAs are not usable due to small text as well as 5th and rest AAs due to big text size. This wasn't a problem before but now I began to notice that my eyes got tired quicker in that 3rd AA setting.

I think the solution is font size rescaling in Calibre look&feel settings. How can I set that setting ideally for the problem I mentioned above while converting to mobi, how can I say be a bit small in first AA setting and gradually increase step by step(but not too big text size)? When I press font size rescaling wizard, it shows that input document base size is 12.0 pt and output size is 0.0 pts.
excalibra is offline   Reply With Quote